Unofficial build for Sony Xperia ZX1 Compact (lilac)

I notice that this is a “new” device being flashed. I recall similar symptoms when more recent custom roms have been installed over stock android 8. Is that a possibility here, I wonder.

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t know what operating system was on it before. The phone suggested an update, so it’s likely it was Android 8 and not 9 (latest version for lilac).

I will keep trying to successfully change the APN settings and keep you updated if I will be succesful. By the way, I also had default,supl in it. If I understand you correctly, it worked for you when you changed it to default?

I have now tried it with a German (Telekom) sim card and found the same errors. I therefore assume that it is not due to the APN settings. The settings were changed automatically when I inserted the new sim card. What do you think?

One more idea: you said you installed the iode-4.5-20230926-lilac-img.zip, somyo must have used fastboot. Try installing iode-4.5-20230926-lilac.zip using either TWRP (from here) or the Lineage recovery if it is installed. (You start the phone in recovery by powering it off, then holding Volume down and pressing Power unti the phone vibrates)

Whichever recovery you use, format the data partition first. Then either install the iode-4.5-20230926-lilac.zip file using adb sideload (works with both recoveries) or TWRP’s ‘Install’ menu.

If you still have the same problem, then if it were my phone I would try the following in order

• Install unofficial LineageOS build with GApps - see if the same problem occurs
  • Install unofficial LineageOS for MicroG build from here - see if the same problem occurs
  • Official Havoc OS ROM from here

If any of those work, then I have no idea why ours doesn’t.

If they don’t work, then I would re-install the Stock Firmware using FlashTool, and check mobile data is working in stock ROM before trying to flash a custom ROM - see these threads for more details.
You need to find version G8441_47.2.A.11.228 of the firmware

Thank you so much. I made a sideload from iode-4.5-20230926-lilac.zip and had the same issue. Installing both unofficial LineageOS build and unofficial LineageOS for MicroG build failed via adb sideload. Failed to verify whole-file signature. ERROR: recovery: Signature verification failed. ERROR recovery: error: 21. Do you have an idea how I can make it work?

Those errors are an indication that the ROM you are trying to install is signed with different keys than the currently installed ROM and/or recovery. This is to be expected when swapping between different custom ROMs.

In my experience, when flashing using a recovery in these circumstances, there is usually an option to ignore the error and 'Install anyway?".

You may be able to get round the problem by installing the recovery image from the ROM you are trying to install, but that shouldn’t be necessary

While ignoring the error and installing it anyway unofficial LineageOS build didn’t work but I was able to install unofficial LineageOS for MicroG build. Now, it doesn’t switch between connected and offline anymorge. It just says “automatic connection to mobile data not possible”. Do you know this phenomenom?

Oh no sorry, it was just deactivated. It is switching between on- and offline too. Same problem.

So it seems the problem is not with this IodéOS ROM. Best to post in the XDA Forum thread for the LOS ROM. There will be more people there with ideas how to fix or work around the problem

Thanks I wrote to XDA Forum.

I’ve noticed something with the last update.
When I’m on a call and I want to use the “keyboard” to enter numbers or hashtag etc… The color of the numbers written is almost invisible (really really pale).
If I am in dark mode it’s working great.
I had a similar problem once with /e/OS, I don’t know if you remember it. It was fixed in the next update I did.
But maybe it’s another thing here, so if you have any idea how to fix it, I’ll be glad to try.
Thanks

Sorry - I’ve not seen that, but I don’t use the default Launcher , I use a photo as wallpaper, and I have changed the default and wallpaper colours in the ‘Wallpaper & style’ app. Maybe play around with that until you find a colour that works?

I was saying that it’s happening in the calling application when I’m calling someone and when a robot answers and asked to type “1” or something, you type what it wants but the number typed is really pale and you practicly don’t see it

New build available. AndroidFileHost is misbehaving, so these files are available on sourceforge

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pf-custom-roms/files/lilac/IodeOS/

1 Like

Hello, thanks for that.
There are two files possible on the site :
iode-4.6-20231019-lilac.zip or
iode-4.6-20231019-lilac-img.zip

Can you tell me which one should I use ?

Thanks

1 Like

Use this one if you are going to install using recovery

This one for installation using fastboot

I guess you’ve been installing using recovery (because fastboot installation wasn’t possible until recently. So easiest to carry on using that

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks a lot !

1 Like

Everything seems to work.
I still have the issue with the light numbers.
When I’m on a call, and I use the keyboard in the call app and type numbers, the numbers written are really light, I almost can’t see them.
But otherwise it’s working

Another new build available on SourceForge

I’ve just done it, a dirty flash using recovery. Everything seems to work.
Thank you

1 Like