Unofficial build for Sony Xperia ZX1 Compact (lilac)

It is available on AndroidFileHost here

I installed it using TWRP version twrp-3.6.2_12-0-20221002-lilac.img downloaded from here and flashed as described here

I copied the ROM to external SD card and installed it from there using TWRP., after formatting the data partition. It should also be possible to install it via sideload as described here

Note that this build

• does not support re-locking the bootloader (which is in any case not possible or desirable on Sony devices)
  • is a user-debug build, with rooted debugging selectable in Developer Options, to allow use of tools like Android Backup and Restore Tools project

The only issue I have encountered is tha F-Droid will offer an update to microG Services Core, but the update will fail with the errort

Error installing microG Services Core
Error -7: A previously installed package of the same name has a differnet signature than the new package (and the old package's data was not removed)

I have created this issue about this, but in the meantime the workaround is to choose Ignore this update from the ‘3 dots’ menu.

I’m very happy to happy to know if anyone finds it useful, and to receive any feedback

1 Like

Very cool! Planning any other builds? :slight_smile:

Not really. I have built for this device and for Pixel 4a (sunfish), because I own those devices.

I would happily build for Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact, which I also own, but they are only supported by LineageOS up to version 18.1 / Android 11, which corresponds to IodéOS 2, and Iodé have not opened up their sources for that version.

1 Like

I have installed this ROM on my XZ1 compact successfully. But I have the problem, that ALL Apps from F-Droid couldn’t be installed.
The (german) error message is: Der Erweiterung wurden keine Sonderrechte erteilt! Bitte einen Fehlerbericht erstellen! → Translated: No special rights have been granted to the extension! Please create a bug report!
Without working F-Droid it’s not usable.
Aurora Store is working as expected.

Edit: If you disable in the expert settings of F-Droid the privileged extension, then you can install Apps successfully.

Sorry about that.

The issue is already raised

A new build is available which should fix the issue

1 Like