Unofficial build for Sony Xperia ZX1 Compact (lilac)

I did what you said (it was already allowed) but it doesn’t work. I put it on “no” and then again on “yes” but it didn’t change anything.
And yes I dirty flashed the update

OK, try this

• Uninstall FakeStore - Settings | Apps | Preinstalled apps | microG services
  • Reboot
  • Re-install FakeStore - Settings | Apps | Preinstalled apps | microG services
  • Reboot
  • Check the ‘Spoof package signature’ permission again

(This happened to me, and I think this is what I did to get round it)

I’ve tried it but I still got the error 7

OK I’ve just checked my device and I apparently have the same problem. The solution will be a new build which includes the updated version of FakeStore. Not sure when I will gte roound to that, but FakeSTore should continue to function in the meantime. Sorry!

Just got this information from the Telegram channel

Me: Looks like I do need to make a new build: my current builds have the Iode-signed version of FakeStore so won’t install updates.

vincent: in fact they do not need to install updates : the version of fdroid is the actual microg version signed of the last update
vincent: of course if there are updates of fakestore before your next build, there will be a problem, … but they can wait for your next build later, there’s no need actually to upgrade fakestore

Ok perfect !
Thanks a lot

New build available here

For installation with recovery

For installation with fastboot

• ‘clean flash’ wiping / formatting user data fastboot --skip-reboot -w update iode-4.5-20230926-lilac-img.zip
  • ‘dirty flash’ without wiping / formatting user data fastboot --skip-reboot update iode-4.5-20230926-lilac-img.zip

I’ve just done it (dirty flash)
Everything seems to work
Thanks !

As a matter of interest, did you flash with recovery or fastboot?

I did it with recovery

1 Like

And just so you know the “fakestore” has apparently been updated with the new update. I don’t have anymore the notification that says that I should update it.

1 Like

Hello, I just installed iode-4.5-20230926-lilac-img on a new XZ1 compact yesterday. Unfortunately, I now find that the connection to my network operator constantly crashes and connects again. Is there a way to fix this error? Otherwise, everything is running very well, thank you very much!

A couple of things to try

1. Check the Access Point Name (APN) settings - compare them with what is specified on your network operator’s website
  2. Reset your network settings" Settings | System | Reset options | Reset Wi-Fi. mobile & Bluetooth

Thanks for your fast reply! Unfotunately it doesn’t work with your instruction. Even if it shows the network, there is no connection… WiFi works without problems. Do you have any other suggestion?

Did you check your APN settings?

I did it as you described me. But I couldn’t find any (Turkcell) settings for Sony XZ1 compact and used Sony XZ1 settings instead. The settings matched the ones set up automatically.

OK - last idea-

• Settings | Xperia Parts | Modem Switcher Activity
  • Scroll down untill you see amss_fsg_lilac_turkcell_turkey_tar.mbn
  • Select that, and choose OK in the ‘Verify modem selection’ dailog that appears
  • Your phone will probably shut down and restart

It’s a pity and very frustrating. Will it possibly work with a future version?

Sorry but I don’t know. If you are using the correct APN settings and the amss_fsg_lilac_turkcell_turkey_tar.mbn modem settings, then it should work. There is nothing I can change in the build to make it any different.

You could tray asking in this XDA Forum thread. My build of IodéOS uses the code from that unofficial Lineage OS ROM.

You could try installing that unofficial Lineage OS ROM from here or my build on LineageOS for MicroG from here to see if they are any better.

See this post