VoLTE/WiFi Calling Support?

Found this posted on another site. Looks like this could help for anyone with issues on these Samsung phones (USA, Exynos).

"I have confirmed these applications will allow you to use VoIP via your LTE connection as a bandaid till VoLTE is released. Both can be found in Aurora and are a “quick fix”. If someone is on T-Mobile the “DIGITS” app is included with their subscription already at no additional cost. With the magicApp you can buy the hardware for home VoIP & a 12 month subscription for the same price as just the app via G*#gle Play(for 12months) and not have to login to the Gapp store or give them a commission. My advice is to buy direct if going this route, not via GPlay store.

For non-FOSS apps having only 1 or 2 trackers was surprising to me. We know how to block these if they are “non-essential” obviously. The permissions… Another story but these apps are managing calls and SMS/MMS so a bit more understandable.

Exodus Analysis:
magicApp Calls/SMS only

DIGITS Calls/SMS/MMS

Links for Aurora Store:
magicApp

DIGITS "

With many mobile companies turning off 2G and 3G to free up spectrum is VoLTE for Samsung in works? Seems to me the phones will become very bad without this.

Sony XPERIA XZ3 H9436 does support VoLTE & WiFi calling. Edit: But it appears iodeOS’ build does not as I can’t get to function.

Any update to iodéOS enabling VoLTE calling? Trying to troubleshoot my Samsung Note 10.

You can enable it in settings.

Not for Samsungs though. The devs could not reverse engineer Samsung’s proprietary VoLTE implementation last I heard.

Well, I thought it was working off VoLTE as my provider in America emailed me that VoLTE or 5G will be needed this year for phone calls. I am running iode’ 2.4 on a Sony Xperia XZ3 and have VoLTE enabled in the settings here:

But when I go into the * # * # INFO # * # * VoLTE is not provisioned.

Maybe that Phone Info screen is not right?

Marty

Same here on FP4, Vodafone, Germany
But I have defacto VoLTE

1 Like

VoWifi is also not working on the FP3 (Germany Telefónica) with latest Iode 2.4 build. IMS is registered however VoWifi not available, although turned on in the settings. I switched from FPOS where it worked

Its enabled and greyed out for me as well and working (was the same with stock ROM). What does IMS service say (see three dots)? You can do a test call and see if mobile data remain at 4G.

I think I’ve heard the problem is deeper then iode, it’s in LOS level…

I just tried on Sony XZ1 with Iodé 3.1 installed.
VoLTE is working!
But remember: you have to set the props manually (I used termux).

Hi,

I am resuming this old post, since I would like to understand if all the issues with VoWifi and VoLTE are sorted out, for the phones sold by iodé.
I would like to buy one to try iodé OS (while waiting for a tablet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), but I will not without those features… I read that, in the past, Samsung devices were not enabled… since I am looking for a Note 10+ or a Note 9, I would like to know that before purchasing.

Thank you in advance

Hi,

Any feedbacks on this?

Thank you in advance

depends on manufacturer and model.
which do you plan to buy?

Hi sorry for late reply,

VoWIFI / VoLTE is unfortunately not available on Samsung devices sold by iodé…
We are soon updating the website and will provide this information on each product page.

Hi @Antoine

Thank you for your answer.
Ok, I will have to think about different devices …

We are soon updating the website and will provide this information on each product page.

Was the update performed? I cannot find any information regarding VoLTE support.

1 Like

Are there any updates on using Fairphone 4 with Vodafone and Wifi-Calling? Last time I used iode-OS it didn’t work, and that’s a dealbreaker for me, although I would really like to switch back…

Sorry, cannot help you. Dont use a FP anymore

I got an XZ1 too, with German Telekom sim card, with latest Iode installed

It shows VOLTE support (Voice Network Type: LTE) in the android testing menu (##4636##), but:

• There is no VoLTE (nor VoWifi) button in the settings
  • When I make a call, the 4G indicator disappears.

Do I have VoLTE or not? Cant understand…
Also how does it work to manually set it up using Termux?