Unofficial build for Sony Xperia ZX1 Compact (lilac)

Not that I know of - sorry

Here’s a new build

Dirty flash over previous version works. I’ve not tried dirty flash, but there’s no reason why it shouldn;t work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great!

Another question: how is gps quality with this build?
I am asking bc Iodé on Samsung s10e had very bad gps quality (wasnt the case with stock rom)

I’ve only had the latest build installed for a few hours, but GPS quality seems fine. I’ve not had any problems with GPS on this device running any version of IodéOS (or /e/OS or Lineage for microG).

Great thanks.
I’ve done a dirty flash with my daily phone, everything seems to work.
And I’ve done a clean install with another one, and before, I did a backup with the seedvault app included in IodéOS. I did a restore with that during the phone setup and that was what I was looking for actually. Every app was restore with my settings !!! It’s wonderful, I’m happy.
Thanks to you and thanks to the Iodé team for including that tool.

Good to know that SeedVault works: I will give it a try

As a long term Lineage OS user I saw @petefoth posts (and builds) in xda linking here. This morning I installed the rom on my spare XZ1C (with broken mic) and it looks really good! Passes SafetyNet out of the box and first try with a banking app went well! As sson as I find a bit time, I’ll give it a try on my main mobile. Thanks for building!!!

1 Like

Installing / flashing the build

The steps for installing IodeOS have been changed / simplified for official devices. Unfortunately, the simplified steps do not work (yet) for my unofficial builds, so the instructions in the first post above about the build are now slightly misleading.

See this post for new instructions:

And another new build (from the v4-staging tag, which is still producing 4.1 builds. I guess I’ll pickup 4.2 next time I build).

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=10620683726822057003

I’ve dirty flashed over the previous version with no obvious problems. And Aurora Store seems to be working fine again now)

Have fun!

After a few days use on my daily driver, I noticed that the battery performance is badly degraded with this build (iode-4.1-20230530-lilac): previous build (iode-4.1-20230419-lilac) would easily last a whole day, even with quite heavy use, Typically with ~20% or 30% left when I put it on charge before going to sleep. This build is running down to 10%-15% by late afternoon / early evening with only light use. With heavy use it is likely to run out sometime in the afternoon.

I recommend 'downdating` to the 20230419 build. I ‘dirty flashed’ iode-4.1-20230419-lilac over iode-4.1-20230530-lilac with no problems. I was concerned that it moht not work so I did a TWRP backup and backed up using ABRT before I dirty flashed, but it seems that was not necessary (for me at least) - your mileage may differ

1 Like

Ok thanks for the news. I didn’t had time to download the new build so I can’t tell you if it was the same for me

My banking forced me to look out for a device with at least Android 9 since my X compact with stock had only 8.
I chose the xz1 compact, the same that I suggested to my girlfriend years ago.
It came with preinstalled havoc OS, but I wanted to try some other Roms, since they are offered here, thankfully.

My experience with iodé: in dark environment, the automatic display brightness is a little indecisive.
I like the keyboard. The open camera app has manual sharpness ruler. I´m not sure if push notifications work fully, since I tried a strange app “push notification tester” that says that does not.

But most important, I couldn´t get some paid apps from google play store get running. Tried signed in the google account at aurora store, checked the microG settings, they all were checked, was also signed in there with my google account… Some apps won´t work, so I tried now Lineage OS, with some “more google”…

An update on this:

TL:DR

there is no battery drain problem with the latest build: battery use is roughly the same as in the previous build;
issue was almost certainly a rogue app

See this XDA Forum post for full details

2 Likes

A new 4.2 build is available

I have dirty flashed it over my previous version, and it seems to be working with no obvious problems.

Have fun!

1 Like

With my more recent builds (of IodéOS and LineageOS4microG) for lilac, I started to encounter the mobile data problems that have been reported previously on LOS-based ROMs for this device . Specifically, some sites and some apps which access the internet were working fine when connected via WiFi, but failing or timing out when connected via mobile data, even though the phone was showing a good 4g connection.

My network provider is Your Co-op, a UK MNVO which uses the EE network

The ‘fix’ that worked for me was to edit the EE Internet APN, changing APN type to default instead of default,supl. (I recall that I had to add the ,supl a couple of years ago to fix a similar problem). I don’t know why the problem started to occur for me, or why the ‘fix’ works, but I hope my experience might help any others who may be encountering a similar problem.

GPS not working well in this build :frowning:

GPS Test is taking a very long time to get a fix.

I thin it’s device-specific - the unofficial sunfish build I made immediately after this build seems to work with no problems

Any ideas where to start looking?

Here’s an updated 4.2 build. It includes the new-ish ‘Charging control’ functionality, which I know nothing about and which I’m not yet using :slight_smile:

This seems to have gone away: maybe the new build, maybe the fact I have disabled all the Network-based Geolocation modules (Apple, Déjà Vu, Local NLP Backend, MOzilla Location Service) in MicroG settings. Only the Nominatim address lookup mudule is enabled. Whatever, GPS fix is now pretty quick once I go outside :slight_smile:

It is very improbable that NLP providers break GPS. There have been some updates in the msm8998 kernel: maybe that solved something. It could also have been a problem in the build itself (bad compilation of something, glitches from previous builds, …).

I’ll re-enable the backendS and see what happens

[LATER]
OK - in the latest build, with all four backends enabled, after reboot and clearing GPSTest data, GPSTest gets a fix within a few seconds :slight_smile:

I’m not going to try to work out what the problem was: it could be any of the things you mention. Thanks anyway

Hi, I just did the last update, everything seems to work. I didn’t really understand what was the problem with the GPS, anyway, on this last version it seems to work for me, nor better or worse than before (it was always slow)
I had a lot of work so I couldn’t do or check all your updates, sorry. But thanks.
I had a problem with adb sideload, I couldn’t flash the update. I always got this (even if adb devices got no error)
adb devices
List of devices attached
BH906X019E recovery

adb sideload iode-4.2-20230710-lilac.zipadb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method…
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found

I gave up and flashed it from an sdcard. But I’d really like to understand why sometimes it returns this and why sometime it works.
If you know why, I’d be glad to understand.