Unofficial build for Sony Xperia 1 III pdx215

Unofficial build for Sony Xperia 1 III pdx215

In response to a request in another thread, I have made a build of IodéSO 4.1 for this device.

I do not own one of these devices so…

THIS BUILD HAS NOT BEEN TESTED AT ALL - USE IT ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

It should be possible to install the build by following the instructions for installing LineageOS
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pdx215/install

Note the section Ensuring all firmware partitions are consistent, which only need to be done once per device. Use the files provided in that section to perform the task

I believe that all the other files needed to install IodéOS can be found in this AndroidFileHost directory:

Note that this is a user-debug build, which supports rooted debugging, selectable in Developer Options, to allow use of tools like Android Backup and Restore Tools project. Backing up using this tool should allow you to restore most of your user-installed apps and data - to any device, running IodéOS, LineageOS, or other custom ROMs.

If this were my device, I would start by installing LineageOS before installing IodéOS, to check that everything is functioning OK.

Any feedback is very welcome, but, as I said above, I don’t own one of these devices, so I am not able to provide any support with installing or using either LineageOS or IodéOS.

If this build works, I will try to find time to build future versions of IodéOS, but there are no guarantees :slight_smile:

Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

Here’s a new Iodé 5.0 build. As before, completely untested, so use at your own risk.

If you decide to try it, please let me know how it goes

Hi, I do happen to have that device, any recommendations as to what firmware i should install prior or anything, or should i just use the same process as installing like lineageOS?
Will likely try tomorrow if i find the time.
Since I also have the 5 mark 2, would you mind building iodé for it as well, or are there necessary resources missing?

Is that Xperia 5 II pdx206?

Yes. It does have fully working lineage already, thr specific model i have is XQ-AS52.

Thanks. The codename (pdx206) is all I need. I’ve started a build which should be available sometime this afternoon / evening if all goes well

A new build of Iode 5.1 is available from sourceforge

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pf-custom-roms/files/pdx215/iode-os/

Asl always, this is untested, so use at your own risk

1 Like

See

1 Like

Hey there. Today I finally got to testing on the pdx215 build. installs without problems on my xq-bc52, setup; setup process also worked without any issues. Have not tested using with a sim card yet, but all the very basic stuff seems to work. What are some things i should specifically test?

I didn’t make the build for testing, I made it to be used :slight_smile:

I would just try using it as you would normally use your phone. I hpe it continues to work OK for you

Alright, I’ll try to use it normally. I haven’t used iodé for over a year though, and just noticed a lot of apps seem to detect they were not installed by play store, do I have to root in order to spoof the install signature from aurora store?

Also, what amount of testing is necessary to get this build to official?

There should be no need to root the phone

That’s not going to happen. Iodé don’t have the resources to support many more device than they do. I make these unofficial builds in my spare time, and because I have occasional access to a machine capable of building Android custom ROMs. If you need a ROM with ‘official’ support, then stick with LineageOS, LineageOS for microg, or /e/OS