Tell us what you think about iodé

I like /e/OS, but my personal favorite is iodéOS.

I wish a few more devices were supported, for example a second tablet like Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 2020 (LTE) gta4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 2020 (Wi-Fi) gta4lwifi. @ronnz98 has proven that the official LineageOS 21.0 (and LineageOS-21.0-for microG) supported devices with iodéOS 5.1 also work great.

An age-old but still lingering wish is an iodéOS Generic System Image (GSI). A /e/OS-T GSI (A13) is supposedly about to be released. This will allow numerous devices, especially older devices, to be degoogled. Another GSI Made in France would be a positive addition to the GSI scene.

Apart from manually flashing the GSI, interested parties can use the DSU loader function (Dynamic System Updates) from Android 10 onwards to try out an iodéOS GSI without destroying the underlying system partition of the test device.

Interestingly, Android’s DSU loader is not limited to GSI versions from Google. It is possible to boot a third-party GSI via the DSU loader. Only a few ADB commands are needed. The developer Matheus M. (also known as @VegaBobo on GitHub) developed a small application called DSU Sideloader, which can be used to quickly apply a custom GSI via DSU.