Requesting development on 2021 Sony Xperia Phones

Requesting development for the Sony Xperia 1 III and Sony Xperia Pro-I.

There is already a lineage version out on xda:

The poster says they have VoLTE working…

I personally have great interest in these devices as I’m looking for a viable replacement to my S9.

Tmobile is killing their legacy network for calls in the states, so not having VoLTE or WiFi is going to be more and more of an issue.

Perhaps this phone would work using an upcoming GSI release?

Up ! :wink:
I planned to change my oldy XZ1 for a Xperia 1III or 5III and afraid to lose iodé benefits, an horror scenario for me…
Lineage already exists for 1III, and planned for 5III, i’ll buy the first to get a iodeos version ! Otherwise, could someone tell me howto build myself a iode from lineage sources ?
Many thanks

It’s pretty straightforward - see

If the device you are building for is officially supported by LIneageOS, then you shouldn’t need to create a local manifest

1 Like

Thank you petefoth for your answer, i read it, and assume that’s pretty straightforward… for a good dev… That is not my case, unfortunaly… I don’t well-know linux and don’t have it.
If some holy soul could build an iodeos rom for this device, I would be extremely grateful…

Definitely not ‘holy’ but see

Sorry for my english, i’m french and using Google translation ! But many thanks for your work,you’re awesome :wink: Now I’ll go to buy a X1III and test your build quickly, and report on the other thread you just created ! If i follow corretly instructions, is there anyway a real risk to brick or bootloop the phone ?

I don’t believe so. THere seem to be plentyt of users of LineageOS on this device, and if LineageOS works, then this build should work too

And, did it work ?