MI9 cepheus. Can´t load Android system. Message after installation using guided installer

Hello everyone,
first of all thank you for your time.
I am very new to this field, and is the first time installing a rom in a device.
Have chosen because of the possibility to use the guided installer.

I was so happy to be able to find an OS able to substitute MIUI so I followed instructions for unlocking the bootloader of my device and then used iodéos latest installer to install 4.12 20240526 that was the one automatically downloaded to the installer.

after installation the device is rebooting and an screen called RECOVERY showing the following message: ¨cant load android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory data reset and erase all user data stored in this device¨

since it was a fresh installation and no user data were contained in the device, I selected the factory data reset. but is bringing me back to the same screen.
I have to mention, that after unlocking the device using the xiaomi unlocker, didn´t came to update the software before installing iode via iode installer on windows.

the questions look simple for me, but I suspect not so easy to solve
what have I just done to the phone?
how could I solve that?
is the installer working properly?

thank you very much to everyone

1 Like

Hello! I got the same problem. I Tryed to reinstall a lot of times.

What can We do?

Hello! I tryed some other version and the iode-4.10-20240218-cepheus-fastboot.zip Worked!!! (https://github.com/iodeOS/ota/releases/download/v4-cepheus/iode-4.10-20240218-cepheus-fastboot.zip)

After install the version 4.10 it updates without any problem to 4.14!

Thats the best way to Cepheus, until this error is corrected.

Yes, this method also worked for me, however - the iodé recovery v4.10 was not updated to version 4.14.

With the installation of iode-4.14-20240724-cepheus-fastboot.zip and iode-4.14-20240724-cepheus-ota.zip, I received the same error message each time:

A “Factory data reset” does not force a better output length, but leads to the identical error again.

This error is systematic, because it also occurs with other iodéOS devices and also with other CustomROM Android distributions, for example with /e/OS and LineageOS 21.0 for microG and finally also with LineageOS 21.0.

The LineageOS Android distribution is the source code producer. This provides the basis for soft forks such as /e/ and iodéOS and LineageOS-for-microG. The cause of the incorrect installations is the recovery. The blind trust in the LineageOS source code and untested iodéOS updates then leads to a frustrating iodéOS user experience.

For the successful installation of iodéOS v4.14 for the Xiaomi Mi 9, I used the recoveries TWRP-cepheus-A14* and OrangeFox-cepheus-A14* recommended by crDroid Android Project. The installations went through without a hitch.