iodéOS for Fairphone 4?

OK, thanks, so I guess camera is most likely a “normal” OpenCamera or Snap or something like that?

Maybe @vince31fr could give an outlook whether it is likely that both cameras will be supported?

1 Like

normal Open Camera with no wide angel mod.

I use continuing Gcam Wichaya mod.

1 Like

More beta testers welcome? :wink: (But only time as of next Tuesday)

2 Likes

Join the Telegram goroup.
Download Recovery and Image.
Install both.
And get smile on your face that never ends… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, for some reason I can’t even join telegram. I put in my phone number, it tells me it’s sent me a verification code through sms… but I get absolutely nothing.

But SMS is working in general?
Do you receive other SMS?

Hmmm, I am not fond of Telegram, but for this time, OK. I would have preferred Threema!

1 Like

I am also
Installed it only for this group. Do not sync my contacts. Disabled all things not necessary.
Use telegram FOSS from f-droid

Thanks for this! I will deinstall the contacts first, make a Threema Backup, and then have a look at Telegram. And then put my SIM in an old FP2 until Iodé is installed :wink:

And use telegram FOSS instead of normal one

1 Like

Still updating to new Beta from today 20220123

Had to change the internal Updater to another Version, described in Telegram group.
With original version got no updates presented…

Edit:
Update installed. Runs as good as the previous version. Top. :+1:

2 Likes

@AlphaElwedritsch thanks for beta testing! Your first experiences sound promising! Maybe you can help me with my questions.

You can delete apps via the preinstalled apps manager and install them again later via the preinstalled apps manager if you need to. Can microG also be reinstalled via the preinstalled apps manager?

If microG is deleted, does Signal still work? That the notifications are heavily delayed is clear and OK for me.

Yes

Don’t know. Not tried yet. I use signal Foss with microG enabled

Cannot confirm that. If somebody send me a message I get immediately the notification

Thank you very much for the answers!

I thought that if there is no microG on it, the notifications would be delayed or may not work at all.
I’ll just try that with Signal once I have the iodé-FP4. :slight_smile:

OK, without microG maybe. I thought you mean with it.
I can only speak for me. I have it active in use.

With FP-OS and all Google services uninstalled, I was extremely happy with the battery performance and my SoT. 5-6 hours SoT.

After installing /e/OS I was brutally disappointed. Battery was soon empty faster than I could look.

Now with iodeOS everything is great again.
I am more than satisfied.

SoT over 6 hours and 38% battery left

2 Likes

Interesting, I am still using eOS and my battery lasts more than two entire days.

(I do not have the time today to change to iodé)

P.S. Was heisst “SoT” :-o

1 Like

:wink:
SoT = Screen on Time

… You might have heard Android users talking about Screen on Time or SOT, or you may already be familiar with the term. SOT or Screen on Time is the number of hours the screen was on. One can get this information from settings → battery / power…

Hello !
Has there been an announcement about a public beta/stable version yet? (I don’t want to join the closed beta on Telegram)

not yet, but I think it won’t be long now.
The beta runs more than stable.
Since it can actually only be a matter of days…

1 Like