Iode' 3.1 on a Sony Xperia XA2

I installed iode’ 3.1 on a Sony Xperia XA2 this weekend with the iode’ instructions and all was good! Now I have Android 12 on this old phone :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello,

I’ve got the same device, and I m about to run 4.1 of the OS version. (android 13) :sunglasses:

I still have issues with sounds codecs every update out of 2 Sony Xa2: videos in slow motion that breaks video playing. :crazy_face:

What’s the best version OS for this phone ? I don’t believe Iode 5 will suit my phone model, and I’ve also no need to buy a new phone. :slight_smile:

Thx

I think iodé 5 will be ported. I have flashed LineageOS version 21, equivalent to Android 14, on a test XA2 and it works. I will wait a bit for iodé 5.

Okee. If you seem to be a phone tester, where have you seen the best performances with this phone ?

Have you done any phone benchmarks ? That’s always interesting to see.

I am not a tester, just flash the new version and do your own benchmarks if you need them. If the version is too slow for you then go back to the last one.

For me, the XA2 runs fast enough with Threema, MagicEarth, QSMS and Mull. But I don’t watch videos either, I have a large desktop for a decent picture.

I just want to keep my old and small XA2 for a long time to come.

1 Like