Iodé 2.2 upgrade for SonyXZ3

I just wanted to report that i just upgraded iodé 2.1 to 2.2 very easily and with no problems using the updater. My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ3.

Marty

1 Like

Hi Marty,

I am running iodé 2.2 on an Samsung S9 and I am curious to know, if on your XZ3 there is a terminal app that can be enabled under settings > system > enhanced > developer options?

Regards
Tom

No. I saw it on my sony XZ1 but it was running android 10 but now in 11. I’ll check that later but I never enabled on my XZ3. Maybe Google moved it in android 11?

There is a terminal app but maybe that’s too old?

Marty

This terminal app is what I’ve used on android TV and is in f-droid store. Updated 4 months ago.

Termux (Terminal emulator with packages)

Marty

Thanks Marty,

I am familiar with Termux and gave it a try a couple of months ago. Since it represents a fairly large package and I only need a simple terminal to run some basic Linux commands, I used the terminal included with the busybox/toybox installation of LineageOS1[78].1/iodé 2.1 so far. Unfortunately, I do not find it anymore in iodé 2.2. So, I wonder, if it was removed.

Regards
Tom

As mentioned here (Terminal app under iodéOS 2.2), the Terminal app has been officially removed in lineage 18.1. Same in iodé thus! There are many more powerfull and user-friendly alternatives.