A few reasons why I think this would be a great idea, and why it would not be hard to do:
- XZ1 (poplar) is already officially supported
- XZ1 Compact (lilac) uses much of the same code
- lilac device tree and vendor blobs also come from the same developer as poplar, who is very active in fixing and updating the code
- IodéOS 4 seems to run very well on lilac. The problems I have with my unofficial builds are mostly caused by the fact my builds are unofficial.
- lilac is the last of Sony’s waterproof, dustproof ‘compact’ phones that has a headphone socket and is a really great device.
I would be happy to help with this. I have a couple of spare devices that I could use for testing, and for debugging any device-specific problems that may crop up.
Is it a cursory error missing the Compact in the title?
It is - sorry!
Sadly, I don;t think this will happen - see point 1. in this post:
No problem, just caught my eye. And yes, it’s a shame. But I understand the reasoning. IIt’s not just getting it released once, but maintain it! Still would like to see it happen