Xperia XA2 - iodéOS 2.4 - phone speakers

Hello,

I have installed iodéOS 2.4 on my Xperia XA2 yesterday without any error or warning.
Everything is fine with the OS, I can call, send messages, install applications…

I have some problems with the speakers and jack :

• All the phone sounds are ok.
  • There is no problems in call.
  • Speakers are OK in call
  • Multimedia (music, radio, browser…) is ok with bluethooth.
  • But multimedia is not ok with speakers and jack (headset/headphone…)

There is no sound when I try to listen music/podcast with speaker, or when I watch a video
It doesn’t seem to be a hardware issue because it is OK in call. Only the multimedia on speakers and jack are not ok.

I have tried to uninstall iodéOS but the phone is no longer reconized by the computer so I can’t use Sony Flash Tool.

Should I try a more recent beta version of iodéOS ?

EDIT: The jack connection is well detected, I can see that the sounds goes from “this deviec” to “headset” when I plug/unplug a jack.

Thankfully

Hello, I have some fresh news.

I have uninstalled iodéOS and tried the sound. All is OK.
I have reinstalled iodéeOS and the problem is back. It is really a issue with Xperia XA2 and iodéeOS 2.4.

Also, videos are all laggy when audio isn’t connected with bluetooth. From brower (ex youtube, odyssee) or even the galerie.
But when I connect a Bluetooth audio device, the sound is ok AND the video isn’t laggy anymore.

I hope it will help the team to debug the situation.

Good night.

Why not upgrading to 3.0?
Further development will be in 3.0

1 Like

Hello,
iodée3.0 isn’t in the release list for pioneer. And the update app didn’t offer any update until this morning.
I have installed le 3.0 and it works now.

We can close this subject,
thanks

1 Like

Hello, I have updated my phone Xpera XA2 to IodéOS 3.1 and the sound bug just came back.
It is exactly the same : only le speakers sound has trouble. When you play musics or vidéo with a connected device like bluethooth speakers, everything is ok.

Thanks.
Antoine.

Il est possible que vous deviez faire une mise à jour du firmware officiel Sony, vous n’avez peut-être pas la dernière version (qui date un peu déjà…). En effet le XA2 est connu pour avoir ce type de problème avec les firmwares un peu trop anciens.

C’est étrange car j’avais le même souci avant sur Iodé 2.4.
Tout était corrigé avec Iodé 3.0 et le bug survient à nouveau sur la 3.1.

Savez-vous comment faire pour mettre à jour le firmware Sony ?
Ou bien est-ce possible de rétrograder vers Iodé 3.0 ?

Antoine.