Wi-Fi drops constantly since 4.0 OTA update

Hello,

This is my first post here. I hope I’m doing it right.

I just updated my FP4 from iodé 3.4 to iodé 4.0 via OTA. Before, I quickly searched on the web to find any warning about doing this but found nothing.

However, since then, I noticed the Wi-Fi icon went off and back again every 3s. Indeed, going into the settings, mh phone was constantly connecting and reconnecting, not maintaining connection more than a few seconds.

I tried the following, in this order, but in vain:

• reboot
  • disable iodé app
  • forget every known networks
  • reset wireless settings (from the Settings > Reset panel)
  • change my WiFi password
  • change my WiFi security level (WPA2 AES to WPA3)
  • switch to a 2.4GHz network
  • reboot my WiFi router

I even tried to disable MicroG by removing the Google account I just added after the update (might be important to know).

I will continue to try some combinations of the previously listed actions, but I don’t expect much from this.

Do you think I should downgrade ? How ?

I will provide any missing info, so don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much in advance!

(I do speak French but figured I might have more answers with a post in English, answer me the way you want to)

1 Like

iodéOS v4 beta builds of FP4 have been tested by dozens of people, no one reported an issue on wifi, I’m sorry…
What you may try:

• reboot to recovery, clear cache
  • in settings → applications, display apps, then enable system apps (three-dots menu), look fr vendor.qti.wlan, clear storage
  • open an issue and post a logcat : Issues · iodeOS/ota · GitHub

or maybe another possibility
try to disable captive portal check

Good evening!

Anyone ever figured out the cause for this issue and a possible fix/workaround/solution?

I am running iodé 4.10 on 2x Galaxy S9 and 2x Galaxy S10 and out of a sudden this afternoon all devices are facing this issue → Wifi disconnects and reconnects every few seconds.

Did all the troubleshooting steps already mentioned in the initial post, disabled captive portal and even cleared cache from recovery. Did not clear storage for “vendor.qti.wlan” as I was not able to find the app.
All that did not help, issue is the same.

But seeing the issue on 4 iodé devices in parallel at the same time makes me wonder if that is somehow related to kind of a connectivity check to a currently unreachable target?
Just for the records: All other devices (non-iodé) in my WiFi network do not have any issues.

Anyone here having the same issue?

many regards
Sebastian

EDIT: Found the issue in this case and want to share. Maybe it will point someone to the right direction when stumbling across this thread.
My private DNS server (AdGuard) is listening on IPv4 AND IPv6. Both addresses are distributed by DHCP. The IPv6 address changed cause I migrated AdGuard to a new host and missed to put the new IPv6 address in DHCP options.
As the iodé devices seem to prefer IPv6 (obviously not doing a fallback on IPv4 DNS server) and did not get a response from the DNS they tried to re-establish the connection every few seconds.
After correcting the IPv6 in DHCP options all devices connect to the WiFi as expected.