Weather App

I’ve tried to change the service provider in the preinstalled weather app from accuweather.com to openweather (or météo france), but both changes don’t work. The app cannot get any data after the change. I don’t like accuweather.com since their data doesn’t provide accurate forecasts here in Switzerland. Openweather from UK is much better for Europe than accuweather.
Had to switch to another weather app that supports openweather (from f-droid).

Did anyone of you have the same problem?

Yes I have exactly the same on FP4

Geometric Weather has been having some issues with OpenWeather’s API for a while - OpenWeather limited its API key so the app can’t get proper info from that source. the dev has added an option to use your own API key in order to work around that, but no binary file has been released yet so you’d have to compile the app from the source yourself.

OK, thanks
Then it’s just a question of time…

let’s just hope it does get release, it’s been a few months since it’s got an update or any changes in the code.

OK, thank you for the information. It’s not a big problem, but I like the app and would use it if this were fixed.

The meteofrance api works for me, openweather is stuck as already said.
For my daily use i prefered to use forcastie as an alternative. Its less attractive but Openweather api works on it, and you can select manual update to not drain the battery life (geometricweather force at least 6 hour update).

Since installing the update to version 4.10, retrieving data in the weather app no longer works. The app cannot receive data, no matter which service provider, I usually use accu weather. I have the problem on S9 and also S10+
I have already deactivated filters for the app.

That’s weird, I use OWA on Geometric and have no issues.

(FP5, iodeOS 4.10)

Tried deleting all app data and configuring it again?

Same here (FP4). Geometric Weather app is broken after the last update.
Tried deleting all app data and re-install of the app. Still broken and unusable.

Deleting all app data worked for me on S9 and S10+. At least I can use openweather now. Accu weather still doesn’t work.

Same problem here, S10e, 4.10. Changing provider or deleting app data did not help.

Hi,
We discussed this with the team, and Geometric weather is normally going to be replaced by Breezy weather by next OTA.

2 Likes