I am running iodeOS 6.7 on a FP5. The updater app is v 15.
Now a message is shown in the update app that iode 7.3 is available combined with a link to lineageOS and explainig that the normal updater app could not be used for this process.
Opening the lineage OS wiki there are 2 options for the FP5:
Update to a newer build of the same LineageOS version
Upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-22.1 → lineage-23.2)
I did not found any hint which lineageOS version is actually running in my fp5 together with iode 6.7.
Can you give me an information, which option should I choose and what is the further process after updating/upgrade lineageOS.
You are seeing this message because of a “one time” change needed to enable going from v6.x to v7.x:
To upgrade to version 7, you need to first install an update to the “Updater app” itself, as described in our iodé 7 release announcement: iodéOS 7 is Now Officially Available! - iodé So follow the link there to install the “v6-to-v7.apk” and then when you re-launch the “Updater app” you should find version 7.3 available to install.
The reason this one-time manual process is needed is due to LineageOS (our upstream source) making a change that disabled major version upgrades by default (like going from version 6 to version 7).
I am in a similar situation. I have a FP5 with iodéOS 6.8 that I want to upgrade to the current 7.8 using the updater app.
I installed the update to the updater app and now I can see the iodéOS update ready to install.
Until now I am hesitant to do the update because I read about different issues here in the forum regarding the upgrade from 6.x to 7.x, including problems with data loss on FP4. So, I would like to know from you guys first what to expect when upgrading a FP5 from 6.x to 7.x using the updater app.
My FP5 has a locked bootloader (shipped from iodé that way).
OEM unlocking is disabled in the developer options.
USB debugging is disabled in the developer options.
Can I do the upgrade with locked bootloader using the updater app without problems and without losing my data and apps?
Should I enable OEM unlocking first? What happens when I activate the OEM unlocking switch?
There are no issues I know of. It is in place just as a normal OTA update, so yes with your locked bootloader there should be no data or app loss. If there were risk of that we would not have it available OTA (as we don’t have it available OTA for the FP4).
That one would be good, “just in case” so can unlock to at least avoid a hard brick if there are any boot issues, but again I don’t know of any concerns there.