Updates for supported devices

My Xiaomi Mi 9 cepheus is back on iodéOS 1.7 :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve tried different Custom ROM and Generic System Images (GSI) based on AOSP 11 and AOSP 12.1 (crDroid, ArrowOS, PixelExperience) with different editions of microG (Standard, Minimal microG NoGoolag Edition) as well as GSI’s from AndyYan (Lineage-18.1/-19.1), from Phhusson (AOSP 12.1 FLOSS, microG, OTA-Updater) besides LeOS ungoogled GSI with MicroG over several weeks.

Especially the custom ROMs from crDroid and PixelExperience based on Lineage code 18.1/19.1 ran very smoothly. PixelExperience probably builds the most perfect ROM with OGApps.

Well, the experiences made are instructive. Summary: The overall concept and user experience of iodéOS 1.7 (based on Android 10) cannot be topped!

Now the Mi9 runs the build iode-1.7-20220407-cepheus on firmware base MIUI V12.5.2.0.RFAEUXM Stable Official EEA (Android 11) released 26.11.2021. In the past the firmware was based on Android 10 MIUI V12.0.5.0.QFAEUXM. So far I can’t register any impairments, although iodéOS 1.7 is based on Android 10, but the firmware is Android 11.

Screenshot

The Xiaomi Mi 9 is still a top Android smartphone: premium Super AMOLED display, fast SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, fast UFS 2.1 internal memory. Self-repair is also surprisingly easy, e.g. a , e.g. battery swap or changing the glass back cover, though not simple. The Mi 9 deserves to be upgraded to a higher iodéOS version.

iodé-Team: Is there a chance to upgrade to iodéOS 2.x or 3 ?

Thanks for your comments :wink:
A beta version of iodéOS 3.0 based on Android 12 has already been distributed in the beta testing group, and another one is coming. However for Mi9, a data format will be required. Indeed, the Mi9 historic data encyption method has been deprecated and replaced by the most up-to-date one.
We’re sorry by advance for the inconvenience, but it’s sometimes the price to pay to use the most recent android versions on old (from the google point of vue) devices.

Monsieur coq-18-21-1
thank you also for your comment. I see no reason that you have to apologize! If you do what is possible and necessary, then that is an achievement that cannot be valued highly enough. If for the Xiaomi Mi 9 ‘cepheus’ still a beta tester could be helpful, I’m available with pleasure.

All volunteers are welcome in the beta testing group - at their own risks of course :wink:
To join: Telegram: Join Group Chat or https://matrix.to/#/#iodeOS:matrix.org (they are bridged together).