Unofficial build for Sony Xperia ZX1 Compact (lilac)

That error usually indicates that adb / debugging is not enabled. Ignore that - clearly adb is enabled, or adb devices would return an empty list :frowning:

Which recovery are you using, and have you entered the adb sideload function in recovery on the device when you call adb sideload on your computer?

I have this version of TWRP
twrp-3.6.2_12-0-20221002-lilac.img

And yes I do adb sideload on the recovery before calling it on the computer

Then I have no idea why you’re seeing that message - sorry!

No problem. Thanks for trying :wink:

EDIT: DO NOT use this build - there are real problems with mobile data, and the build is not signed properly. I will remove the files from Android File Host

New 4.3 build available here
links deleted

4.4. build available here.

Two ways to install

1. Flash this file using recovery
  1. Flash this file using fastbbot
fastboot reboot bootloader

# to 'dirty flash'
fastboot --skip-reboot update iode-4.4-20230816-lilac-img-eng.zip

# clean flash - will remove user-installed apps & data
fastboot --skip-reboot -w update iode-4.4-20230816-lilac-img-eng.zip

Whichever method you use, make a backup before flashing just in case :wink:

Enjoy!

I’ve done it, it seems to work.
I had something with f-droid since a couple of weeks (the problem with updating microg en fake store).
The update seems to have worked up the problem with microg but I still have the error 7 with fake store.
I have two xperia xz1 compact and the problem is on the two devices.

Guessing that you dirty flashed, then FakeStore will have lost the ‘Spoof package signature’ permission. Re-enable it (Settings | Apps | Show all apps, choose ‘Show system’ from the three lines menu, scroll down to (or search for) FakeStore. Click on ‘Permissions’ and allow ‘Spoof package signature’

I did what you said (it was already allowed) but it doesn’t work. I put it on “no” and then again on “yes” but it didn’t change anything.
And yes I dirty flashed the update

OK, try this

• Uninstall FakeStore - Settings | Apps | Preinstalled apps | microG services
  • Reboot
  • Re-install FakeStore - Settings | Apps | Preinstalled apps | microG services
  • Reboot
  • Check the ‘Spoof package signature’ permission again

(This happened to me, and I think this is what I did to get round it)

I’ve tried it but I still got the error 7

OK I’ve just checked my device and I apparently have the same problem. The solution will be a new build which includes the updated version of FakeStore. Not sure when I will gte roound to that, but FakeSTore should continue to function in the meantime. Sorry!

Just got this information from the Telegram channel

Me: Looks like I do need to make a new build: my current builds have the Iode-signed version of FakeStore so won’t install updates.

vincent: in fact they do not need to install updates : the version of fdroid is the actual microg version signed of the last update
vincent: of course if there are updates of fakestore before your next build, there will be a problem, … but they can wait for your next build later, there’s no need actually to upgrade fakestore

Ok perfect !
Thanks a lot

New build available here

For installation with recovery

For installation with fastboot

• ‘clean flash’ wiping / formatting user data fastboot --skip-reboot -w update iode-4.5-20230926-lilac-img.zip
  • ‘dirty flash’ without wiping / formatting user data fastboot --skip-reboot update iode-4.5-20230926-lilac-img.zip

I’ve just done it (dirty flash)
Everything seems to work
Thanks !

As a matter of interest, did you flash with recovery or fastboot?

I did it with recovery

1 Like

And just so you know the “fakestore” has apparently been updated with the new update. I don’t have anymore the notification that says that I should update it.

1 Like

Hello, I just installed iode-4.5-20230926-lilac-img on a new XZ1 compact yesterday. Unfortunately, I now find that the connection to my network operator constantly crashes and connects again. Is there a way to fix this error? Otherwise, everything is running very well, thank you very much!