Sony XZ1 Dual SIM

Is anyone here running IodéOS on dual SIM version of Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar)?

If so, does the dual SIM functionality work?

Thanks

1 Like

Not I, but I would love to. I had to settle for LineageOS on mine. Dual SIM functionality works just fine, although it doesn’t have VoLTE with any U.S. carrier. (I’m in the U.S.) Therefore, I mainly use it with a data SIM and JMP chat, or a foreign SIM plus my home SIM (roaming) when traveling (still without VoLTE).

My main phone, though, is still the XZ1 Compact with iodéOS (thanks to you!).

Why is that? Did the dual SIM functionality not work in IodéOS?

Back when I checked, there was no DSDS build for iodé, so I went with the working LineageOS one.

There is now :slight_smile:

Checkout pf-custom-roms - Browse /poplar/IodeOS at SourceForge.net

There is also a DSDS-specific build of lineageos4microG : poplar_dsds

And this XDA Forum post [ROM] LineageOS 20.0 UNOFFICIAL - 1.5 [2023-12-27] | Page 4 | XDA Forums

Now you’ve got too much choice :wink:

1 Like

Cool. I’ll check it out.
Thanks.

It seems to be working correctly. In testing call functionality, I only have available:

• my regular SIM (VoLTE-capable, but not on the XZ1, which is not VoLTE-capable in the U.S.)
  • my home phone (a VOIP line)
  • an old travel SIM that can’t do VoLTE, so it drops to 2G during calls; I tried this SIM in the XZ1 and also in another phone

So some calls between these do connect in both directions, while others do not. And that might also be related to possible weak coverage spots within my house.

So I’ll go with “operational” for now.

I was surprised to see that none of my LineageOS settings, apps, screens, etc., changed after I installed iodé. I used the “Recovery” version of the zip, since the recovery I (apparently) had/have is called “Recovery,” and not TWRP. Should I have done the iodé install with TWRP instead?

As an aside, although the XZ1 doesn’t get VoLTE in the U.S. (or elsewhere?), it can still be useful with a data-only SIM plus an XMPP and/or VOIP/SIP number. So :+1:

Thanks.

EDIT: My regular SIM is on a carrier that still has 2G, so it functions without VoLTE when necessary.