why dosent the sony xperia 1v support locking the boot loader after install?
woude be nice for extra security
why dosent the sony xperia 1v support locking the boot loader after install?
woude be nice for extra security
As I understand, Sony don’t support re-locking the bootloader for any of their devices with custom ROMs.
Here is the iodé documentation on this topic:
On a personal note, as I sell several iodéOS devices at OpenMobile with unlocked bootloaders, I include this disclaimer:
NOTE: Due to manufacturer or build limitations, these devices are sold with the bootloader unlocked. There may be a message at boot to this effect, but never fear: your personal user data is always encrypted and secure with modern Android! It can only be decrypted using your login pattern or password.
While an unlocked bootloader by itself does not expose your data, a malicious actor with some programming skills could, in theory, tamper with the system to access your data after you login and start using the phone again.
If you feel that your system may have been subject to an attack and do not trust using your device without resetting it, contact us to assist with reinstallation.
Thanks was just wondering I talked to someone in a different forum that stated that the 1v supports locking on some Roms
I’m very pleased with iode os so much nicer then other Roms and it has an installer very nice
@petefoth is my “go to” for sony device questions: let’s see if they know of this?
The Sony Open Devices website says in the FAQ on its ‘How to unlock bootloader’ page
If I change my mind later on, is ther any way to restore my device?
No. Once you have unlocked the bootloader, you will not be able to revert the device back to a locked or original state or restore the DRM security keys. You can however use the Flash tool for Xperia™ devices to flash a generic Sony ROM, although it will not receive automatic software upgrades.
I’m sure that some ROM developers have found ways to relock the bootloader, but that is not a route I will go down in either my unofficial iodéOS builds or in the LineageOS for microG project. Because
See the following for more discussion on this
The ‘official’ position of the LineageOS for microG project has been clarified in this commit in the project FAQs.