[SOLVED] Phone won't connect to a computer

My Sony XZ3 is running iode’ 5.2 and I noticed when it first upgraded to 5.1 that it no longer connects to a computer by putting a menu on the phone for a USB connection. I haven’t seen anybody else post this but it is done infrequently so maybe other people don’t realize that may be a problem.

Any ideas of how to get to that USB prompt when plugged in to a computer if it does not appear on the phone?

Marty

Hi.
I haven’t run Iode on any of my phones yet although I plan to do that in the near future so please take my advice/opinion as a general one.
PLEASE make sure that your USB-C cable is OK; try to revert it 180 degrees at the phone connector; doing so on some of my phones solves this kind of problem.
Good luck!

Hi Marty, Do you not even get a notification in the pull down shade for “charging device, tap for more options” ?

Or go to settings app > Connected devices and that should show the USB options page.

If you don’t get these it may be as cooler says.

It shows nothing anymore-no charging light on the phone till plugged into the wall and the USB connectivity is dimmed while showing nothing for USB options on the pull down devices.

The cable does charge when plugged into a charging block but won’t even do that from a computer with the same cable. The cable and connection are good until it gets to a computer.

Marty

Hm. Check the Restrict USB setting in Settings.

In the Settings search bar start typing restrict…select Restrict USB which brings up the Trust page. Tap on the section there to check.

If that is not the problem, I suspect your pc OS.

1 Like

I suspect you already have verified the USB port on the computer with other peripherals, no? If not maybe it’s something wrong with the USB connector on the computer side.

What Linux are you using? Linux user here too… I use Bodhi and Zorin.

Changing the trust settings for the USB to always allow worked. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work with “Allow when unlocked” which is safer but now I know.

Reboot your phone for changes to take effect.

Thanks!

Marty

My home computer is running Ubuntu right now and Linux Mint.

Marty