Seedvault Integration?

Hello. I am a new user on a Teracube 2e. I like the OS so far. I am wondering if there is somewhere I can view upcoming plans for the OS? Specifically I am wondering about Seedvault integration in the future. Is this in a list for future releases?

Hi and thank you for your input,
We published a 2021 roadmap last January here: https://iode.tech/en/news/iode-roadmap-2021/
The roadmap is pretty much the same, we are currently working on new iodé blocker features.
Regarding Seedvault, we actually integrated it a few months ago but decided to withdraw it as it wasn’t mature enough in our opinion. We will take a look at it again later this year

2 Likes

Well, a lot has happened in the last few months at Calyx, the development team at SeedVault. The results are impressive on Google Pixel Devices and Xiaomi Mi A2.

And the fact that an extremely idiosyncratic and restrictive contemporary like Daniel Micay, the main developer of GrapheneOS, and the equally idiosyncratic and ingenious sole developer of DivestOS, Mr. SkewedZeppelin, have integrated SeedVault as a system backup in their CustomROMs is an extremely strong indication to me that the Google Drive independent open source backup system SeedVault is reaching a notable market maturity.

2 Likes

I am very much looking forward to Seedvault integration as well. In fact it was one of the features I was most looking forward to in LineageOS 18.1. :slight_smile:

Yes well we will take a look at it in again September

1 Like

Requirements
Android 11
For older versions of Android, check out the branches.

Contributor: Torsten Grote @grote
@grote is also significantly involved in the development of the extraordinary Messenger #Briar and the FOSS app Transportr.

The next Custom ROM distribution isr reday for SeedVault.

For months, SeedVault has been integrated into the /e/ ROMs, but hidden in the normal settings UI. Official availability is now imminent.

Seedvault has been integrated into latest iodé release, available as OTA.

2 Likes

:clap: Toulouse vs Paris 1:0