Search apps in aurora

Hi, whats different in the iodé version of the Aurora Store app compared to the one in F-Droid?
I wonder, since the search is not working in the iodé version. Therefore I think about replacing it with the latest version in the F-Droid store (4.2.1 compared to your 4.1.1).

1 Like

I have done this but it didn’t solve the problem.

The search problem is an Aurora problem not an Iode bug. Look on telegram (@Aurora Store) and you will see that many users worldwide have the same problem. Not only Iode users. Aurora is aware of the problem and trying to fix it asap.
So lets hope they find a solution soon!

2 Likes

Thank you, I knew that. I was asking because I’ve read in another forum that the new version of the aurora store app solved this problem. Seems not to be true after all.

I know solution for this moment, its not a perfevt but its works . Enable aurora store options to open supported links. When you want to install an app, search for it in your browser with the word play store (example Youtube PlayStore). Do not click on the link directly but hold your finger on the link and from the displayed options select: open in an external application. That it :slight_smile:

I had to add Google play link. It wanted to add this android link so I let it.

Marty

Its look okay, works for you?

It did a week ago but not now and it isn’t updating the app!:man_shrugging:

I finally got it to find a searched for app if the app is linked on a page and u set up like above so that when u long press u get option to open in external app.

I was trying to install an app called remember me and they have a site. On link there to Google app long press. Here is the site is u want to see if it works for u:

U should get this from Aurora store:

I prefere to use the workaround (open playstore link via firefox based browser) instead of installing any app, as long as aurora will not fix the issue

There’s a new vanilla aurora store app available in f-droid (but not the iode version of aurora store) who may fix it. But i get, instead of the blank screen, a screen which says “oops, this accaount is rate limeted” instead of getting search results.

So, with this new version it’s different, but not better :wink:

A workaround for the Aurora Store search problems: Download this file from auroraoss.com](https://files.auroraoss.com/AuroraStore/Nightly/AuroraStore-nightly-signed-12-05-2023.apk) and install it alongside your existing installation. This version will allow you to search for and install apps from the Play store, while your existing installation will handle updates without much user input.

Hopefully never :slight_smile:

There is no point making yet another app store app. Use F-Droid for FOSS apps, and Aurora Store for apps from the Play store.

Yes there is currently a problem with the version of Aurora Store in IodéOS, but there is a workaround - see my previous post. Creating a new app to fix bugs just creates more bugs!

1 Like

What’s your problem? Keep calm…
Aurora isn’t working on other ROMs, too
It’s not a iodeOS problem

2 Likes

You could create a dummy google account that you are using until aurora will fix this issue. Thats what im doing and everything works

1 Like

:partying_face: Es funktioniert wieder :partying_face:

For me too, search is now working in Aurora Store.

Fixed by the auroraoss developers. And no need for Iode developers to waste scarce time and resources to develop yet another app store app :wink:

2 Likes

building and maintaining your own software store is the worst idea ever.

3 Likes

I have to clearify one thing: Murenas App Lounge isn’t a real independent store.

It’s a compination off Aurora Store (their API) and F-Droid.
So they don’t have a real input what apps are hosted or anything else.
I really like the idea off combinig those two app stores. Sadly you cannot add any f-droid repo to App Lounge.
I don’t know why the search function of App Lounge still works but nevertheless it’s not an original appstore with apps maintained by murena. They even stated on their site: Thanks to the Aurora OSS project behind the well known Aurora Store. App Lounge is using their GPlay API library.

One idea would be to incloude App Lounge as an alternative to aurora store in iodé but actually I prefer it the way it is.

never ever please. Do not use any murena services in iodé

1 Like

No, I don’t won’t that either! :smiley: