S10+ telephoto camera and fingerprint sensor not working

Hi I just got my s10+ from the iode store today and updated to iode 2.4. The fingerprint sensor won’t let me register a fingerprint and any camera app I try crashes when switching to telephoto camera on the back. I installed a samsung version of gcam but that doesn’t work either. It says the bootloader is unlocked on boot so that might have something to do with it? I’m moving over from iphone so I’m quite unfamiliar with this.

On samsung 10 series, the first tap on the fingerprint when enrolling a new fingerprint must be very light.
Does the embedded Open Camera telephoto also crashes on your device ? It works perfectly well on our test devices.

Hi Vincent, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, I read a post here about light taps, and tried it but it did not work. I’m not sure what to do next.

Regarding the camera, I have tried the stock app, open camera and 3d camera from f-droid store, as well as various gcam versions from the net. None of them work. On open camera I can use normal ID:0 camera and ultra wide ID:2 camera but when I change to telephoto I get various messages such as “serious camera error” or “failed to load camera preview” “failed to take picture” also

I suspect a hardware problem, this should not happen on a freshly initialized device. Please contact the support.

1 Like

So I did some more digging and it turns out this S10+ is flashed with an s10 recovery and iode version, that might be the issue?

Success! I flashed iode 2.3 S10+ recovery and OS version and now everything works. The original software was for G2730 instead of G2750 (beyond1lte instead of beyond2lte) Easy mistake on your end