Pixel 8 iode os how to

I am trying to install iode os on my pixel 8.

Unfortunately the installer isn’t available yet for the pixel 8. So a tried it manually.
The first steps I got working.
unlock oem, activate adb and flashing unlock.
When hitting flash-all.bat in the extracted folder there is nothing installed. When rebooting still the stock pixel os is on the phone. What am I doing wrong?

see the log below

extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM…
Checking ‘product’ OKAY [ 0.000s]
Setting current slot to ‘a’ OKAY [ 0.069s]
fastboot: error: ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT not set
Rebooting into fastboot OKAY [ 0.000s]
< waiting for any device >
Finished. Total time: 26.286s
Warning: skip copying abl image avb footer (abl partition size: 0, abl image size: 1785856).
Sending ‘abl’ (1744 KB) OKAY [ 0.047s]
Writing ‘abl’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
fastboot: error: Command failed
Warning: skip copying bl1 image avb footer (bl1 partition size: 0, bl1 image size: 16384).
Sending ‘bl1’ (16 KB) OKAY [ 0.002s]
Writing ‘bl1’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying bl2 image avb footer (bl2 partition size: 0, bl2 image size: 536576).
Sending ‘bl2’ (524 KB) OKAY [ 0.015s]
Writing ‘bl2’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying bl31 image avb footer (bl31 partition size: 0, bl31 image size: 106496).
Sending ‘bl31’ (104 KB) OKAY [ 0.003s]
Writing ‘bl31’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying gcf image avb footer (gcf partition size: 0, gcf image size: 8192).
Sending ‘gcf’ (8 KB) OKAY [ 0.002s]
Writing ‘gcf’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying gsa_bl1 image avb footer (gsa_bl1 partition size: 0, gsa_bl1 image size: 32768).
Sending ‘gsa_bl1’ (32 KB) OKAY [ 0.006s]
Writing ‘gsa_bl1’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying gsa image avb footer (gsa partition size: 0, gsa image size: 348160).
Sending ‘gsa’ (340 KB) OKAY [ 0.011s]
Writing ‘gsa’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying ldfw image avb footer (ldfw partition size: 0, ldfw image size: 2392064).
Sending ‘ldfw’ (2336 KB) OKAY [ 0.060s]
Writing ‘ldfw’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying pbl image avb footer (pbl partition size: 0, pbl image size: 49152).
Sending ‘pbl’ (48 KB) OKAY [ 0.002s]
Writing ‘pbl’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Warning: skip copying tzsw image avb footer (tzsw partition size: 0, tzsw image size: 7917568).
Sending ‘tzsw’ (7732 KB) OKAY [ 0.187s]
Writing ‘tzsw’ FAILED (remote: ‘No such file or directory’)
Rebooting into bootloader OKAY [ 0.002s]
Finished. Total time: 0.005s
< waiting for any device >
OKAY [ 0.204s]
Finished. Total time: 0.205s
Press any key to exit…
PS E:\iode-5.0-20240314-shiba-fastboot\iode-5.0-20240314-shiba-fastboot>

That’s an incomplete log, missing the first parts, but it looks like you are having some sort of fastboot error.

I don’t do Windows so don’t know much about it but know that drivers can be an issue sometimes and seem to recall one could look at the device manager when the device is plugged in and check for yellow warning triangle?

Also try another cable and/or usb port and run the script again.

1 Like

What’s your fastboot version?

Downloaded the latest version of platform tools of 3days ago.
Tried another cable and port no luck.
Then I tried my old computer with linux. There was writing but the phone stuck in boot I think.
now I have a bricked phone nothing works no os. Black screen and the buttons won’t do anything. So I can’t get in the bootloader.
Only weird is that when connnecting phone to windows it is visible in hardware com port 4 as a serial usb device, but I don’t know how to get in. ADB wont recognize a device.

maybe this will help you to get stock back on your device
only for chrome browsers
but can bring back nearly every pixel as long as it is recognized by the system in any kind

https://flash.android.com/welcome?continue=%2Fback-to-public

will take very long, but in the end it should work

Iode fastboot installation zips for pixels are bundled with fastboot and the script will directly use that version, so unless you edited the scripts or did some other mods, I don’t think it will use the fastboot you downloaded.

What happened when you were flashing on linux? Did you flash it? It completed? Save any output you get; it helps.

Unlikely to be bricked. Maybe corrupted device. Maybe flat battery and phone was still running but unable to show anything on screen. In this scenario it can help to long press power button for 30-40 seconds or so in the hope it turns off then try reconnecting to pc with vol down pressed to see if fastboot mode presents.

Otherwise just leave it for a day to lose power and turn itself off, then try.

When installing with linux in the process the phone restarted and stayed on the black screen. Battery was above 80 % when I begon with flashing.
Hopefully battery drains so I can get to boot but I am afraid it’s a bricked one.

Reading around I see some suggestions to hold vol UP and power for up to 40 seconds to force a restart.
Not tried it myself. But I have tried the long hold on power to hard power off when unresponsive.

have you tried my suggestion?

Tried it with chrome but the computer sees the phone as com port 4 but chrome can’t find any phone connected to the system.