iodéOS Premium is here 🚀

You seem to be misunderstanding or misusing the word “objectively” - a good definition of which is

in a way that is based on facts and not influenced by personal beliefs

You statements are clearly based on your personal beliefs (which you believe to be facts, but others do not share the same beliefs :slight_smile: ). so a better word to use in yor post would be “subjectively” i.e.

in a way that is influenced by or based on personal beliefs or feelings, rather than based on facts

4 Likes

the worth what can do in my opinion

Hi @petefoth ,
You did not explain what (and most importantly why) you believe to be subjective in my post, don’t leave me hanging!

Let me explain better/clarify:

They are, de-facto, better ways to support the project, for the reasons I explained in my the post. I’m open to discussion as to why they are not.

You do lose the trust of some of your users. Not everyone writes on the forum, but this is a fact. I personally know people that were not happy about this decision.

Your list of 'better ways to financially support the project:` is clearly your opinion, open to debate, and therefore subjective - the word ‘better’ is the clue :slight_smile:

I am not very interested in debating the topic, but that fact it is open to debate, and to different opinions, clearly indicates the subjectivity.

1 Like

You did not explain why you think that is. It’s the reason that’s important, not what we subjectively feel, as you stated. If the only people paying for the “Premium” service are the people that would pay anyway for a beta, or for supporting development, then it’s the same exact thing, but one is friendlier to the community than the other.

Minor grammar mistake, I won!
That’s now how it works, sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

Then why make your post in the first place? We just wasted 20 minutes here, not just from our time but from the time of others. You never wanted to discuss this so why talk about it in the first place. You simply wanted to state your point of view but with no further explanation nor discussion.

First of all, I get that you have to monetize the project somehow.
However, I’m not convinced that crippling privacy on a privacy-first rom by either requiring a login (connected to real personal data as it requires payment) or crippling the blocking of adware and tracking (Premium: full reinforced protection (6x bigger than default standard protection)) is the right way.
The other Premium features are much more reasonable to me.

1 Like

i get the message that my logincredentials are not valid. With the same credentials i can however sign in to my my-account

did you use username or email to try to login?
you have to use email

does sadly also not work

Good day,

does anyone also have the same problem as me that you can not subscribe to the premium feature?

I go to “iodéOS Premium - iodé” click on subscription, then it loads for half a minute and then comes “Your basket is currently empty”.

I also searched for a “create account” option on the Iodé website itself, but didn’t find one (but as I understood it, you are automatically redirected to it as soon as you subscribe to the premium function).

(For information: I did this on my desktop PC, but that should not make any difference whether I now create an account with premium function on the smartphone or on the PC… I hope at least)

I just tried it and get the same behaviour on my pc. I’ve already signed up and it should ask you for some information after you click on subscription.

I had some peculiar problems with premium/account login that were fixed by using the French version of the site rather than English, including resetting my password on the French site.

Probably not very helpful, and definitely not technically satisfying, but worth a shot if you haven’t tried yet.

I participate here in the forum, as I just noticed, already 2 years! How fast time flies!!! :open_mouth: Outside the forum, I try every now and then to draw attention to iodé, because I am convinced of iodé. And money there was also already from me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for giving me and of course all other supporters, the chance to get iodéOS Premium for free!!! I signed up for a premium subscription and created an account. Now I have two questions about it @vince31fr @Antoine :

1. do I have to connect the account to iodéOS on the smartphone before 20.7.23 to keep it free? Or can I do this any later? (After all, the subscription was made and the account created for it before 20.7.).
  2. if I change my email address or provider at some point, can I change the email address in my iodé account accordingly?

We’re happy to have long-term supporters :wink:
Brief answers:

1. You can connect later on the smartphone
  2. Yes, in Account details on the website
2 Likes

Wow, interesting decision to offer two versions of the OS: A Premium version with access to all security features available and a free version with less security features. To be hionest, I agree with Privateer

I am not using iodéOS at the moment, but the built-in ad-blocker was a very good argument for this custom-Rom as it replaces other apps like Netguard, AdAway, ReThink DNS+Firewall and so on.

Just one question: How much will (new) users have to pay for Premium?

Edit: The page https://iode.tech/en/shop/iodeos-premium/ has been updated and a price has been set.

1 Like

Hey there! o/ I’m happy to support iodé with a subscription and purchased it a few hours ago :slight_smile:

I’ve also just updated my FP3 to iodéOS 4.2 and tried to log in with my newly created account. But I just get an error saying my credentials are wrong… (“Anmeldedaten sind falsch” in German to be precise). But they’re correct and the log in works on https://iode.tech/en/my-account/

Is this a known issue? Do I maybe just have to be a little bit more patient since I just created my account today?

I had a similar experience the other day. First go I used my username, another time my email address. Can’t remeber which way round it was but one error was wrong credentials and the other was can’t connect to server I think. Tried again with email and it worked. I think you just need to keep trying!

1 Like

email as user works

1 Like

Hey @trashcan, it sounds like we have the same issue. Were you eventually able to sign in?

Hi all,

We recently fixed 2 issues we’ve had with Premium authentification:

• The first one came from email addresses including some special characters that we now encode and you should be able to connect using these addresses
  • The second came from email changes. When you as a susbcriber changed your email address from your https://iode.tech/my-account page, you couldn’t login anymore to premium using the new email address. You can now do it. And by the way, you can also connect using your username instead of your email address.
    For those of you who already changed their email addresses and can’t login to iodé, either change back from your account page to your first email address you subscribed with and connect to iodé’s app with it before changing, or contact us for a manual update from our side.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!

—FR—

Bonjour à tous,

Nous avons récemment résolu deux problèmes liés à l’authentification Premium :

• Le premier était dû à des adresses email contenant des caractères spéciaux que nous encodons désormais et vous devriez pouvoir vous connecter en utilisant ces adresses.
  • Le second est lié aux changements d’adresse électronique. Lorsque vous, en tant qu’abonné, changiez votre adresse email depuis votre page https://iode.tech/mon-compte, vous ne pouviez plus vous connecter à Premium en utilisant la nouvelle adresse email. Vous pouvez maintenant le faire. Et d’ailleurs, vous pouvez aussi vous connecter en utilisant votre nom d’utilisateur au lieu de votre adresse email.
    Pour ceux d’entre vous qui ont déjà changé d’adresse email et qui ne peuvent plus se connecter à iodé, vous pouvez soit revenir (depuis votre espace client) à votre première adresse email avec laquelle vous vous êtes abonné et vous connecter à l’application iodé avec celle-ci avant de changer, soit nous contacter pour une mise à jour manuelle de notre part.

Merci et désolé pour la gêne occasionnée !

1 Like