Iodé OS on the Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

Hello,

After installing IodéOS on my A52s (a52sxq) via the instructions provided by Lineage OS, latest IodéOS version works fine so far except for 2 issues:

a. OpenCamera doesn’t see the macro lens. It does see and uses the main camera (ID0) fine, although “only” with 12MP resolution instead of the 64MP and the wide-angle camera (ID2) seems to work fine also.
The small camera above the LED (ID4) is also seen, but not usable.
Is it possible to get this macro lens working in IodéOS? Did you get this solved in your “official” IodéOS installation?

b. In the recovery, which seems the original, unmodified LOS recovery there is a constant message on the bottom of the screen:

“ERROR: recovery: [libfs_mgr]Error updating for slotselect”

What does this mean and can this be the reason installing the Magisk ZIP fails with “error 21: Signature verification failed”

Oh and by the way:
The 2 warnings after reboot; unlocked bootloader & unofficial ROM looks frightning for inexperienced users (my family members) is it possible to get rid of them?
Is this also present on phones bought from the Iodé store?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Kees

Hi.
You can read
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-13-0-encryption-official-lineageos-20-for-a52s-5g.4574453
and
https://xdaforums.com/t/how-i-can-remove-unlocked-bootloader-warnings.4622125/post-88944409

Thanks for the response.

Here some new experiences:

a. Pictures of the camera not that good, Open Camera functions stable though.
Tried the GCAM-app; bit more options and somewhat better pictures, tried it with different config files, but it has some strange bugs.

b. just ignored it… seems not to affecting anything, rooting via Magisk patching the boot.img works fine.

In short about the warnings: No solution to the warningsigns from Samsung after cold boot.

The iodeOS for this device is based on Android 13 and the LineageOS 20 release. Android 14 is officially out for this device, and there’s an inofficial LineageOS 21 release for this device.

https://xdaforums.com/t/unofficial-rom-14-0-encryption-unofficial-lineageos-21-for-a52s-5g.4649623/

Which will hopefully become official soon. If i install iodeOS 4.8 on this device - will there be an OTA update to the “Android 14 / LineageOS 21” iodeOS version as soon as those are released?

Yes, there will be an update, some time after. No rush.

thx again, vince :slightly_smiling_face: so no need to wait for the LOS 21 release, but time to install iodé 4.8 :smile:

a14 has nothing that you would miss with a13

2 Likes

installed iodé yesterday, looks good so far. will test some apps that i need and then probably switch.

ok, switch done. Works good so far. The only thing that didn’t work: transfer of whatsapp data. I chose the “qrcode way”, after a couple of tries the transfer started and was about to arrive on the new phone - a message appeared and instantly disappeared. Data on the old phone gone, but almost nothing (besides the groups i’m in) arrived. Brilliant. Luckily no really important data in whatsapp, but… :roll_eyes:

I do it that way:
Copy complete folder android/media/com.whatsapp to PC and then back to phone
setup WA and it will find it as backup and will recover

Hallo zusammen,

ich wollte auf einem A52s 5G mit Android 14 IodeOs installieren.
Meine Vorgehensweise wäre:

Bootloader entsperren - OEM und USB-debugging aktivieren
ODIN - VBmeta und TWRP installieren
TWRP - IodeOs installieren

Problem: Odin stürzt ab.

Die VBmeta habe ich in AP eingefügt dann auf „Start“ gedrückt. In diesem Moment schließt sich das Fenster von ODIN. Das Handy wurde aber erkannt.
Ich habe dann etwas recherchiert, aber nichts zu diesem Fehler gefunden. Nur die Info bei LineageOs man solle auf Android 13 runterstufen.

Aber kann das der Fehler sein, bzw. geht herunterstufen von Android 14 auf Android 13 überhaupt noch?

Beim Problem mit Odin kann nicht weiterhelfen, aber hinsichtlich Downgrade von A14 → A13 ist mein Kenntnisstand, dass das nicht geht. Ich war da bei einem Gerät auch etwas vorschnell :wink:

LineageOS 21 steht kurz vor der Veröffentlichtung, und bald darauf kommt wohl auch Iodé 5 raus - ein wenig Warten, dann sollte auch bei einem A14-Gerät die Installatiom klappen.

1 Like

Gerade eben mein S52s5G mit Android 14 über
Odin3_v3.14.4,
twrp-3.7.1_12-0-a52sxq.img.tar und der VBmeta.tar
neu installiert(mit Tastenkombination ohne Eingabeaufforderung).
Vorab mal “lineage-21.0-20240306-nightly-a52sxq-signed” aufgespielt. Bis IodeOs5 kommt :grinning:
Ich nahm hauptsächlich die Anleitung von Lineage. Da scheint mir aber ein Fehler im Schritt 6 von 8 zu sein. Im Punkt 13 heißt es “Schließen Sie das USB-Kabel von Ihrem Gerät ab.” Das hat bei mir nicht funktioniert, ich musste das Kabel dran lassen.
Vieleicht hilfts jemandem… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi warum testest du dann nicht iode v5 beta?

Mangelhafte Englisch Kenntnisse. Die scheinen mir da notwendig zu sein.

Hi Sandy
Ich denke nicht mehr als bei einer Lineage Installation :wink:

Außerdem gibt es bei Fdroid für deinen Fall😀

Translate You | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Die Lingva Instanz nehmen.

Und falls du jetzt doch Lust hast😀

Viel Spass

1 Like

Die “Iode v5 beta” läuft bis jetzt prima. Keine Probleme erkennbar. :smiley: Tolles Handy, tolles Betriebssystem…

Upgrade from 4.10 to 5.0 great. Steps:

1. Install apk for beta.
  2. Use updater to download
  3. Export the zip to the microsd
  4. Upgrade using the zip copied to the microsd

Some error messages (common in a52sxq) and that I already commented to Simon1511 in xda:
ERROR: recovery: [libfs_mgr] Error updating for slotselect
(Here I change from the recovery from the mobile to the card)
Install /storage/…/iode-5.0…
ERROR: recovery failed to verify whole-file signature
ERROR: recovery: Signature verification failed
ERROR: recovery: error: 21
(Here I force install)

Install completed with status 0.
Now I reboot the system and… everything is perfect!

Great work by Simon1511 and iodé.
Thanks