Iodé-blocker compared to Netguard or Blokada?

The iodé-blocker clearly has the advantage over other solutions that it does not block the VPN. I would like to know more about it.
Can iodé-blocker generally be compared to Netguard or rather to Blokada? Which functions are (still) missing compared to Netguard or Blokada?

Nothing
The only thing I miss with iode firewall ist to have the possibility to block network access on app level in one app, the iode firewall app.
But this is only a nice to have feature, because it can handle in app settings already.

If this is possible in iode app, there’s no difference to any other firewall app, but with the advantage, as you already said, without blocking the vpn.

OK, maybe the possibility to change the filter lists, manually…

1 Like

Thank you for your explanations. That sounds very good. :slight_smile:

I have read the iodéOS documentation more closely. If I assess it correctly, the filter lists stored in the iodé-blocker are a good basis. I understood this to mean that individual hosts can be blocked or allowed in variance to the other lists via customized protection. This allows you to change the filter lists at least indirectly and should come pretty close to your wish/goal, right?

Closely, yes. Its a alternative.

But to be fair, the filter lists, used by iode, are very good at all

1 Like

The iode is shouls consume much less energy since it handles the filtering on a low level access.

Improving block lists management remains in our todo list, but have other priorities.
Effectively, our approach is fundamentally different than other ones in that we operate at a very low level, with efficiency and memory consumption in mind, and thus are not bound to the android framework which may be a source of performance problems and unexpected issues.

3 Likes