How to deal with issues obviously coming from LineageOS?

I used /e/OS (Android 10 and 11) on my Fairphone 3. The dev team is not big enough to fix the many issues. Sometimes fixed issues come back in the next version. I suppose they have been fixed in /e/OS but not in LineageOS.
I was curious how this is with iodé. And some issues I found in /e/OS are there in iodé (Android 13) also. So they most probably come from LineageOS or are even hardware related.
How do the iodé devs deal with such issues?
Shall they be reported in the gitlab (there are only a few reports) or in the forum?
Do you contact the respective LineageOS maintainers when you find that issues come from LineageOS?

2 Likes

No answer feels a bit like my experience with /e/OS. :confused:

Hi bege, I’ll come and say hello!

That could be true. Sometimes a fix may not be available on a Fairphone until Fairphone themselves fix it, for example.

I’ve been here since February and I notice that issues are constantly being worked on and fixed; obviously it’s a continuous process. The OS’s you mention are not isolated from each other and I feel that there is some intermingling of the efforts to fix and improve.

Yes, gitlab, the forum and also the beta testers telegram/matrix group. Enabling betas for your device will bring more regular updates.