How to change about:config in iodé browser?

Hi all,
if I enter about:config as url into the iodé browser, the screen remains black. If I do the same in Firefox the config editor opens.
How can values in the iodé browser config be changed?

1 Like

Hi, this is not available in the stable release : Firefox for Android - about:config - Page 3 - Mozilla Connect

Hi, thanks for the answer. Yes, I read about this somewhere, thanks for the reminder.
I am looking for protection against fingerprinting. Firefox supports some protection, but it needs to be switched on by the parameter resistFingerprinting in the about:config.
Too bad that with the iodé browser this is not possible.
Btw. Mull browser can do it. Maybe that’s the better option in iodé for this use case.

Brave can be a good alternative

Hi @AlphaElwedritsch
Brave is Chrome de-googled. It has google as a standard search engine (can be switched off). Addons are downloaded from the google store (cannot be changed).
So finally with Brave a user cannot escape from google’s claws.

For these reasons I prefer to support Mozilla. Firefox can be set up pretty safe, but needs to be configured correctly. Either a user does this individually after installing Firefox, or installs a well pre-configured fork.
I hope that Mull is such a Firefox fork. Still testing.
Kind regards
Andi

You should read the newest test

And yes, thats at all chromium based browsers

Good to know that Brave evolves into a privacy friendly direction, thanks.

The Firefox fork Fennec_fdroid allows to edit about:config and you can install extensions from your own AMO collection, not only the few recommended extensions for Firefox for Android.

I was using Fennec for years, it’s a good browser. But like many Firefox based browsers, it has to be heavily configured to make it safe. Mull is already well configured.
https://divestos.org/pages/our_apps#mull

I anyway only install uBlock and Decentraleyes extensions, which are available.

What I really like is the bunch of alternatives available, although it makes it harder to decide which one to take.

Look at here and you will see that decentraleyes is uneccessary :wink:

Good to know that Decentraleyes seems to be deprecated. Just uninstalled it. Thanks!

I read the intersting linked pages and I am afraid that again different experts have different opinions. Mike Kuketz has a different one. Firefox: Decentraleyes – Firefox-Kompendium Teil3 ⋆ Kuketz IT-Security Blog (website is German)

My questions about the linked piece: What does third party cookies blocking have to do with IP tracking by scripts?
Maybe CDN blocking is “enumerating badness” and not a perfect tool and does not match all scripts. And maybe it can be detected by fingerprinting by the visited site - but it minimizes cross site tracking by the CDNs. Definitely a reliable VPN and a Tor browser meet the core issue better, but I use neither one and one day one may find out that the VPN was not that reliable as expected.
I don’t use Decentralize but LocalCDN which covers many more CDNs and is maintained regularly.

The Iode browser logo looks a bit blurry and old imo, are there any plans to replace it @vince31fr :slightly_smiling_face:?

1 Like

The icon should be replaced yes: that’s more a matter of time/design skills.
We welcome contributions that would be in the same spirit (waves, …).
If anyone wants to express their artistic talents: the time has come :wink:

1 Like

Maybe a waved iode logo
But ive no talent for such things :wink:

1 Like

I know a little bit, but I don’t think I have the best skills for it. Any volunteer?