Garmin connect app unable to use bluetooth

Hey I have got a situation since the update to iode 4 on my Samsung Galaxy note 9.
Garmin connect, the app I use to sync the data from my Garmin watch to my phone, just stopped working.
The app start but is unable to use Bluetooth.
The strange thing is that the app detects the watch with scan (as the Bluetooth menu) but when I tap pairing, the watch does not receive anything, and it just says unable to pair.

I don’t think this is a general issue with Iode 4: I use an unofficial build for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, and Garmin Connect is working fine with my Garmin watch. So the problem may be specific to your phone model.

Please open an issue on gitlab and provide logs.

1 Like

Well, I have a Xiaomi GTR-3, and after updating Iodé to version 4, yesterday, it will not connect to Gadgetbridge on my phone anymore. Before the update it did.
In discovery mode Gadgetbridge will recognise the watch, but it won’t connect anymore.
Any suggestions?

I don;t know anything about Gadgetbridge. Does the Garmin Connect app work?

I don’t know, but it should be the Zepp app for my watch.
Anyway, I just found another topic, about problems with Bluetooth LE. I’m sure that is the problem here.
Thanks for your quick reply… :slight_smile:

Just to clarify… I don’t like the Zepp app (by Xiaomi), since it connects to their servers. Gadgetbridge is an open source replacement app, that works very well (as long as bluetooth works, at least).
I like Gadgetbridge for the same reason I like Iodé, because it’s much more privacy friendly than the original…

Today with the new release 4.2 on my Samsung Note 9 it works.

2 Likes

Yeah, it works, thank you very much for the notification!

1 Like

ok, then the wait was worth it :love_you_gesture:

1 Like