Fail to build iodé v4: webview.apk appears to be invalid

Help to interpret or solve the error would be much appreciated !

I’ve tried extracting the apk following these notes but results are suggesting there is nothing to extract. the size of the apk is very small, 134 bytes, not even sure it is valid.

Building stopped at 67% with this:

FAILED: Verifying uses-libraries: external/chromium-webview/prebuilt/arm64/webview.apk
Outputs: out/target/common/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/enforce_uses_libraries.status
Error: exited with code: 1
Command: /bin/bash -c “(rm -f out/target/common/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/enforce_uses_libraries.status ) && (build/soong/scripts/manifest_check.py --enforce-uses-libraries --enforce-uses-libraries-status out/target/common/obj/APPS/webview_intermediates/enforce_uses_libraries.status --aapt out/host/linux-x86/bin/aapt --enforce-uses-libraries-relax external/chromium-webview/prebuilt/arm64/webview.apk )”
Output:
zipro W 06-30 17:37:11 665476 665476] Error opening archive external/chromium-webview/prebuilt/arm64/webview.apk: Invalid file
ERROR: dump failed because no AndroidManifest.xml found
e[1;31merror:e[0m Command ‘[‘out/host/linux-x86/bin/aapt’, ‘dump’, ‘badging’, ‘external/chromium-webview/prebuilt/arm64/webview.apk’]’ returned non-zero exit status 1

git-lfs is probably not installed on your system.

It is installed (3.0.2-1ubuntu0.2). Following your instructions a while ago when building for bluejay; my first build.

After repo sync there was some activity in terminal output when issuing command git lfs pull iode v4-staging

Webview is stored using git lfs too. Normally, repo sync fetches the files. If not, got to the mentioned webview directory and try something like git lfs pull github lineage-20.0

Aha! Now the apk is 215.4mb . Thank you.

I’m really very new to this. What would be the clue in the error above that would indicate this response? Just in case it pops up again.

An invalid file for an apk may either be really invalid, uninstallable, or an lfs digest (around 134kB). As webview is the only lfs managed repo in lineage, the most probable hypothesis was the second one :wink:

1 Like

I try to remember to always call the following, immediately after the repo sync

repo forall -v -c git lfs pull

The only way I have found is to keep notes about errors, fixes and workarounds: when an error occurs, check your notes. After a while of doing this (or forgetting to do it) I put my notes into a wki page.

I already had a note about the ‘fail to call git lfs pull’ error, with a slightly different error message. I’ve updated that part with the text from your error message. I’m always happy to receive further input for that wiki page :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that command next time. The build eventually succeeded following Vince’s tip to pull directly into the folder. It was a late one last night because I had to install it on device (pixel 7a - lynx) just to see if it would boot; it did, but there are some issues. I’ll try opening another topic.

I do keep notes and have done for a long time for flashing roms etc but haven’t got around to consolidating build errors yet, so I’ll definitely let you know of any new one’s. :sweat_smile: Thankfully there were no more blocking errors last night.