Choosing the blocking level of your iodé phone: this is now possible!

Did you know the majority of ads and trackers are automatically blocked on iodé smartphones?
iodé now lets you select a reinforced protection blocking even more unwanted recipients!

https://iode.tech/en/news/choosing-the-blocking-level-of-your-iode-phone-this-is-now-possible/

3 Likes

Are there any descriptions of using the new rules on the most common apps/system included in the Rom? Pros/cons that ppl discovered while beta tested? I.e. when using reinforced on twitter, tweets with pics/links does not load and rederictings with .to is blocked.

Full retrictions on android system, anyone know if that breaks something? Most looking for security/privacy issues that could occur, i.e using vpn?

In other words, should I look out for restricting standard apps in regards to securiry/privacy. AdditionaI, I only use a few apps like vpn, mail, banking, password manager and signal.

Hi,
You can find an overview of the new rules here: Choosing the blocking level of your iodé phone: this is now possible! - YouTube
One common usage is to put the reinforced protection on all apps & readjust the categories for those which break.
So for instance if twitter breaks with the reinforced protection, you could try disabling the ‘socials’ category.
I personally don’t use many apps neither; they are almost all running with the full reinforced protection