Buy a new iode phone with a good battery life

Hello everybody,

I’m a new user of iode os. I would like to leave Android for protect my data and it’s my philosophy ( i’m using ubuntu on my computer, i like open-source)

So, i bought a Samsung galaxy a5 with iode and i’m very disappointed by the battery life and i have had some difficulties to get a good answer by after sale service about it.

So, before to leave iode os for murena or return on Android Google, i would like to know if does it exist some smartphones with iode os with a good battery life and perf.

For exemple, what do you think about Google pixel 5 or 6 with iode?

Thanks for your advice.

See you soon

Bonsoir,
J’ai un pixel 6. Avec une batterie neuve, j’ai 2 jours d’autonomie en utilisation moyenne

I use a Pixel 5, 6a and 7a and i am very satisfied

Hello
You have a ~6 year old phone that was used before so it depends on your expectations regarding battery life.
Can you clarify if you wanted a cheap phone ore a small one? I ask because Pixel 5 and 6 are neither.
There are many ways to increase the battery duration if you want, like reducing brightness, deactivating option not used (like Bluetooth) and many more.
Linux user here too. I guess you know there is UBPORTS, (Ubuntu on phones) but I don’t think you’d be happy with the battery life using it.
Can you put a printscreen of you battery discharge graphs?

Hello, it seems to be not a cheap phone, i v bought on iode selling. I reduce my brightness, i test all apps and i havent a solution. I test with battery with apps.

I load my smartphone Samsung galaxy a5 three tome per day.

That seems really bad. Maybe you’ve got a bad battery?!
From the print screens you seems like a heavy usage user so I’m not sure you would get more than 1 day from the batteries of any “regular” phones.
From the first print screen looks like the brightness is set on Auto… if you use your phone a lot outside where there is a lot of light (so brightness close to maximum) that could be an explanation.
At the age of your phone I don’t think you could improve much the time between charges. But you should consider phones with large batteries.

But, you should set other applications on ideal mode that are not in use as it can help you increase battery life.

Thanks.