1st. day user Fairphone 4 and iodéOS 4.10 install with Murena Cloud account

I am trying to de-Google, but wanted to get the security of a locked bootloader, which I was unable to achieve so far with eos. Sooo, I installed iodéOS on my Fairphone 4, and was able to lock my bootloader :clap: As I already have a Murena Cloud account, I am wondering how I can tie in the iodéOS Gallery, Calendar and Contact apps as a starting point.

I understand that Murena Cloud is in fact a NextCloud instance, but as I have no experience with NextCloud (Google refugee), I could really use some help to get these basic things working.

BTW, congratulations with the easy install app. A much nicer version than what eos has available at this time.

Hello
Install the Nextcloud app from f-droid.

Then log in to the app with your EOS account.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have the Nextcloud app working and I can see my pictures and files in the iodéOS Files app, however, I don’t seem to be getting anything to appear in the Gallery app, the Calendar app (I tried using DAVx5), or the Contacts app…

In the NextCloud app, go into Settings | Auto upload and choose the directories that you want to be synched to your Murena account

Probably because the Contacts and Calendar entries are in the 'Device` account. You need to move them to your Murena account.

• Contacts are easy: you can export them to a .vcf file (Settings | Export). The import them to your Murena account

When you are done,
    - set the Murena account to be the default for creating new Contacts in the phone app
    - setup DAVx5 to sync the MUrena address book (If it’s not done already)

• For Calendar entries you need a third-party app because the built-in Calendar app does not supportimport / export. ‘Calendar Import Export’ from F-Droid should do the trick for exporting.

• Export the ‘Device’ calendar to a file: by default it will use internal storage,
    • Then import it in the Murena Calendar web app

Once all your Contacts and Calendar events are appearing online, you will have duplicates in the phone. So now you need to delete all the Contacts and Calendar entries from the ‘Device’ account: this post in the /e/ forums describes how to do it

Good luck (and don’t delete the files created when exporting, until you’re sure everything is working :smile: )

1 Like

Many thanks for the advice. Not sure what I did in my fumbling around, but Contacts and Calendar seem to be working now.