Alternative to KDE connect

Just spending a little time setting up my new install as you do and noticed that KDE Connect is on the iode buggy list. KDE Connect has been my go to package for some time now. Can anyone suggest an OSS alternative that is already known to be compatible and stable on iode?

Depends on the features you want to use/have

Nothing fancy really @AlphaElwedritsch . File transfer was the primary requirement and remote desktop connection too was maybe another thing that I use fairly often. The list of compatible devices gives KDE C an amber and a green, do you think it might be worth a shot or have most iode users abandoned it and gone with something else instead?

I use KDE Connect without any problems for file transfer and sharing of the clipboard.
KDE 6 <> iode 5.4 Sony XZ2

Have decided to give KDE C a try with my XA2 as it is something I’m already familiar with and it’s encouraging to hear that it works with your XZ2 @laneb . Tx for the heads up.

Finally got around to installing KDE Connect on the XA2 a couple of days ago and everything appears to work well. That is to say that all the features I usually look for and use anyway. Certainly device recognition wasn’t a problem. It’s still early days but have yet to encounter any real bugs so far even though sometimes the brightness slider seems to have it’s own ideas about the game but it doesn’t happen all the time, so could be a hardware glitch. From my own experience to date (including Sailfish OS), iode 5.0 is very impressive on the Sony. :grinning: