Upgrade Android via the iodé updater?

If you have bought a smartphone in the iodé shop and later there is an upgrade from e.g. Android 11 to Android 12, is it possible to get this upgrade easily via the iodé updater or do you have to reinstall iodéOS?

I did it from 2.4 to 3.0 just via sideload without resetting

From iodé 1 to iodé 2, we were able to upgrade all the devices we support.
From iodé 2 to iodé 3, it will not be possible for all devices due to deprecation of some data encrypting methods. As of now, we already know that Xiaomi mi 9 and Samsung 9 series will require a data format to be able to run iodé 3.

@vince31fr
Do you already know if it is possible to upgrade the FP4 via the iodé updater (without having to do anything yourself)?

Yes no problem for FP4.

1 Like

What phone are you using and where did you find iode 3.0? I can’t find it available for download for any device.

I am using a FP4
3.0 is in BEta status right now.

You can download the 3.0 Beta Updater, install it and will find the 3.0 beta for FP4

Oh, nice to know. I’ll wait for the official release, I just wanted to know when to expect iode 3.0
Is there any information on when it will get out of Beta status?
Doesn’t have to be an exact date, but is it a matter of days, weeks or months?

I am using iode’ 2.4 on Sony Xperia XZ3. Will the updater eventually upgrade to iode’ 3 or do I need to wipe this and install iode’ 3?

I am using iode’ 2.4 on Sony Xperia XZ3. Will the updater eventually upgrade to iode’ 3 or do I need to wipe this and install iode’ 3?

iodé 3 is not available as a beta for xz3 yet. When it comes, it will be available through the updater.

Weeks, I’d say.

Is iode’ 3 available as a rom.zip for a fresh install? I couldn’t find it on you git-hub page for any phone.