iodéOS is Open Source

Hey guys,

We are happy to announce that we are releasing iodéOS as open source software! From the beginning, we have been strong proponents of open source software and part of our code was open from day one. We are happy to take the next step and completely open source iodéOS.

We would like to thank the community as well as all beta testers for your commitment for iodé. As you may know, we also accept donations for iodéOS which is installable for free.

https://iode.tech/en/news/iodeos-is-open-source/

23 Likes

A major milestone was reached today.
Here’s to many more good and successful years with a very good custom ROM.

A big compliment to the iodé team, a big thank you and all the best for the future.

You have expanded the custom ROM scene with a very good ROM and can be proud of what you have achieved.

3 Likes

Perfect !!! Thanks.

1 Like

@AlphaElwedritsch has already said everything important. :+1: I subscribe to this! :smiley:
Congratulations from me too! :heart_eyes: :partying_face: :sunglasses: :clap:

1 Like

This makes me rethink about going back to IodéOS. Thank you for this decision!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your work with the community.
You have been true to your words.
I hope it will benefit to both iodé and the community.
Kudos to the devs and thanks again for the continuous effort.

1 Like

This is great news - thanks to all the team.

I’m looking forward to being able to build Iodé for some of the Sony devices I own (Z3, Z3 Compact, Z5 Compact, XZ1 Compact). I’ll keep watching this repo for the build instructions to appear.

2 Likes

@AlphaElwedritsch is not only a reactive beta tester and an involved personality in this forum, he is also now a beta-build-tester! He actually begins to build for pixel 5, with no a priori knowledge of the process, and minimal help from my side. This will lead to, I think, concise and relevant build instructions that will be published asap.

@AlphaElwedritsch : now that I have publicly put pressure on you, you must and will succeed :wink:

(have to also say that @AlphaElwedritsch is a generous coffee provider: many thanks, but please stop, you help us enough on many other aspects)

5 Likes

oha, But now I’m under pressure… Doing my best… :wink:

Well, let’s put it that way. As a geek, you can never have enough coffee in your veins :rofl:
And basically. If you want to take, you must also be able to give. :wink:

2 Likes

Bravo !!!

2 Likes

First iodéOS (pre-alpha) build on google Pixel 5 - redfin
NO daily driver

2 Likes

Very important step, thanks for taking it!

2 Likes

Hello,

Congratulations Iodé Team !
Being open source is a major improvement.

Congratulations to @AlphaElwedritsch for this first build !

5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Lift off !

Cobus.

3 Likes

Nice work! I hope we will soon have Iodé on Google Pixel phones. In particular with the verified boot/lock bootloader which is perhaps the main security feature still missing in Iodé (except for the Fairphone 4).