Installing the latest official firmware, S10e (linux)

Some background:
I have had problems that receiver don’t always here me well on the other end during calls, when I use speaker.

Vince had an idea:

I’m trying this.
I have now installed Heimdall packages for linux.

Link that Vince gave me, has short instructions:

Installing with Heimdall
Extract firmware-SM-G970F-G970FXXSGHVI1.tar and run

heimdall flash --CM cm.bin --DQMDBG dqmdbg.img --KEYSTORAGE * *keystorage.bin --RADIO modem.bin --CP_DEBUG modem_debug.bin --PARAM * *param.bin --BOOTLOADER sboot.bin --UH uh.bin --UP_PARAM up_param.bin

in the directory you extracted it to.

I have never used Heimdall before and I don’t want to brick my phone.
I think the phone should be first in download mode?
Are there complete instructions (step-by-step) somewhere for Heimdall, that are realiable and I should follow?

Thanks for help! :slight_smile:

Yes you must be in download mode. And there is nothing more to explain: just issue the command above, and you’re done.

1 Like

Is there a way to find out which firmware version is installed on my S10e?

What do you see in
Einstellungen/Über das Telefon/Android Version/Hersteller Sicherheitspatch Level
I know, i can write it in German :wink:

On samsung, the baseband version gives you the id of the firmware (low level part) that also corresponds to the full stock rom update.

:+1: perfect, you make me feel home in the iode community :grinning:
I found it and the patch date is May 2022, so I am afraid thats will not be the solution for my GPS week rollover problem.

Ok, thats G970FXXUFHVE1 on my device and G970FXXSGHVI1 on the update site linked above. So its worth a try.

Thany you so far.

Ok, update to FW Version G970FXXSGHVI1 worked just fine but did not solve my problem.