Digital fingerprinting

I read an article about digital fingerprinting in where hardware settings, installed fonts, number of apps, screen resolution, used browser, etc… is used to create an unique id of the phone of the user (not the person using it) which then can be tracked by third parties.
I was wondering if Iodé is also able to block or disrupt this digital fingerprinting?

Hi
I don’t thing everything…but it’s just my opinion.
look at

everything that is using for fingerprinting

I switched over to using Brave browser (both on phone and desktops) because they block fingerprinting by default now, as well as ads and other trackers.
Link: https://brave.com/

1 Like

Protection against Finger Printing is not trivial and a kind of permanent “cat-and-mouse-game”.
And in this game you have to assume, that everything that is technical possible, will be done. (maybe not today, but in the future)

These projects try to help/inform in this game:

And not every marketing promise is true!
Kuketz Blog for example testet 21 browsers in 2021, also Brave Browser

Hi,

In order to reduce the problem it’s possible to use some “browser isolation” techniques.

In my case I use:

• Google chrome for all google stuff such as gmail, maps etc.(and I’m also logged in since they track me in any case)
  • Microsoft edge for all Microsoft stuff I need in my work such as teams and office 365 in general
  • Brave browser and firefox for other uses (start page is my search engine)

Do not mix them. Moreover browser extensions should be avoided since they are part of your browser fingerprint.
Of course this is on my PC, I do not use very much web browsers on my iodeOS device.