Welcome to the iodé community!

Are you a iodé phone customer? a iodéOS user? Someone interested in the iodé project? then you are at the right place.

Here, you will find announcements & updates from the iodé team, configuration discussions, bug reports, step-by-step guides for getting the most out of your iodé smartphone and tweaking iodéOS to meet your needs.

6 Likes

Hi from UK.
I presently have a Divest OS device and want to buy an FP4 from Iode.
Problem is I am non technical and have now lost contact with my Technical person who set up my OS device.
Is there anyone in the UK who could set up the new phone for me please ?
Obviously I am prepared to pay for this service.
Thanks
Tony

I would be happy to help, but not sure what you mean. If you buy the phone from iode it will arrive all ready for you to use it.

Hello everyone,
As a new French member of this forum, I’ve recently become interested in Iodé OS because I’d like to change to an ungoverned operating system, following the numerous disappointments I continue to have with its main competitor, Murena.
As a Murena One owner, I’m about to send it back for the third time because of the numerous problems it’s having, both in terms of software and hardware. What’s more, almost all their smartphones are out of stock. Which doesn’t seem to be the case here.
Good luck and see you soon on the topics.

Hi there
Best would be if you get a pixel phone

I don’t want to hate or spread negativity, but murena and eOS are trash

So that you decided to change to Iode it was the best you could do

Thank you for your reply.

Why a Pixel specifically and not a Mi 10T PRO?

Have you had a bad experience with Murena as well?

What I write now is only my personal oppinion

Pixels have the longest and best support. I decided for myself to use only pixels. At the moment three. 5, 6a and 7a. I’ve never had any bad experience or issues with it.

Murena, eOS
At the beginning, when I’ve decided to degoogle my life, I’ve started with eOS. But I was never happy with it. The actuallity of the software, the launcher, their cloud, their politic, etc…
I learned to hate it.
My daily drivers are iodé phones.
For me it has always been and still is the best decision.
I continue to experiment with divestOS, grapheneOS and calyxOS from time to time.
But in the end it is always iodèOS that offers me the most and satisfies me personally.
eOS is out, I don’t even look at it anymore.

4 Likes

Thank you for all these details. So I’m waiting to finish fixing the problem with my Murena One and I’ll be ordering an Iodé OS smartphone.
Hopefully they’ll have better customer service.

Depends on your definition of ‘best’ :wink:

I would choose one of the Sony phones that are supported by Iodé (see sony · Releases · iodeOS/ota · GitHub) for the following reasons:

1. Sony actively support developments of customer ROMs (see AOSP on Xperia Open Devices | Developer World);
  2. All of the Iodé-supported devices have an SD card slot, which none of the Google devices do. I wouldn’t consider a phone without an SD card slot.
  3. I used to work on Sony phones (when they were Sony Ericsson), so I’m biased :slight_smile:
1 Like

I used to work on Pixel phones (when they were Nexus), so I’m biased, too :wink:

:joy:

Whatever it is, as long as iodèOS runs on it, it’s perfect :+1:

In any case, thank you both for your feedback.